A selection of articles related to salt satyagraha.
Original articles from our library related to the Salt Satyagraha. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Salt Satyagraha.
- Self Dedication - a Ritual for You
- Self Dedication Explained Initiation is a process of "death and rebirth" - the old self dies, and the new and magickal self is born. A rite of self-dedication marks a serious commitment and dedication to the path, and should not be taken lightly....
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Natrium muriaticum (Sea Salt)
- The sea is salt and salt are your tears; salt is used to preserve your food. Natrium muriaticum, being the homoeopatic salt, is a medicine for preserved and frozen grief and suppressed emotions. People who need this remedy often have had a grief too big to...
Remedies >> Remedies N
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Hare Moon Ritual: Banishing Negativity with Roses
- This full moon circle ritual was written for the May full moon in the year 2000 -- the Hare moon. It is presented here as inspiration and raw material to others creating ritual circles. -Gwydion This circle is designed for banishing negativity from the...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Imbolc - Midwinter
- ABOUT IMBOLC | RITUAL | FOODS ABOUT IMBOLC Imbolg/Imbolc is pronounced EM-Bowl-ig or ic, it also known as Midwinter, Candlemass, Oimelc, Lupercus, Lupecal, Disting, Brigatia (Brigid's Day), Lady Day and Groundhog Day. Imbolg translates, according to McCoy, to...
Holidays >> Imbolg
Salt Satyagraha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Salt Satyagraha books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- French Balasore and Gandhiji's Salt Satyagraha
- especially the ladies, in Salt Satyagraha. The centre of this 'satyagraha' in Orissa was Inchudi. Inchudi is a village, situated 19 km.
- Salt Protest
- participant in salt protests and sister-in-law of Sarojani Naidu.
- The Pinch Heard 'Round the World
- Gandhi's Salt Satyagraha 75 Years On.
- August 17, 2011 Dr. Kamla
- Aug 17, 2011 Your Excellency,. Freedom Struggle :-. People of Gujarat celebrated 80th Anniversary of Salt Satyagraha – Pinch of Salt that rocked the empire!
Suggested News Resources
- The government against satyagrahas, then and now
- The Salt Satyagraha challenged the very existence of the British regime in India. Sir Charles Innes, who was a provincial Governor, wrote thus about the events of 1930 struggle: “England can hold India only by consent. We cannot rule it by sword.
- Posted On Saturday, August 20, 2011 at 12:49:17 AM
- He was imprisoned for participating in the 1930 Salt Satyagraha. Between 1941-42 he was imprisoned thrice for his revolutionary activities. On October 19, 1952, Potti began a fast for an Andhra state with Madras as the capital.
- Freedom struggle had critical inputs from Chennai
- The next phase saw the Civil Disobedience Movement and famous salt satyagraha in San Thomé conducted by drama actors like MM Chidambaranathan.
- Two commodities to remember for India Independence Day
- The Salt Satyagraha under the leadership of Gandhiji to campaign against the unjust taxes imposed on domestic salt to encourge import of salt accelerated the freedom movement that ulitmately resulted in India gaining Independence in 1947.
- From the ground up
- Milestone: In 1930, to support Gandhi's Salt Satyagraha, freedom fighters Kamala Chattopadhyay and Avantika Gokhale led women to the beach to make salt from sea water.
Suggested Web Resources
- Salt Satyagraha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Salt Satyagraha, which began with the Dandi March on March 12, 1930, was an important part of the Indian independence movement.
- The March to Dandi
- The British monopoly on the salt tax in India dictated that the sale or production of of the salt tax as a catalyst for a major "Satyagraha" campaign (Copley 46-8).
- Salt March
- Gandhi began a new campaign in 1930, the Salt Satyagraha.
- Gandhi Dandi March Salt Satyagraha - YouTube
- Sep 24, 2009 Salt Satyagraha Dandi March video archive.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Salt Satyagraha Topics
Related searchesmeaning of dreams about cancer
dream dictionary privacy
breaststroke turn and finish
logic relation to other sciences
spirituality and sustainability
my hero mrs raven