- Poem-A-Day - 'When Doves' by RA Villanueva
- by hand, a man points to where rock doves would be brought to nest, their eggs tended by priests, and the cave locked at sundown, guarded by hired knives.
- St. Patrick's Day means corned beef and cabbage
- Supermarkets typically charge a little less for the point cut, and both types are brined with salt and saltpeter (potassium nitrate), the latter giving corned beef its signature pink color.
- Brine-Your-Own Corned Beef and Cabbage
- But if you're into healthier cooking, you might want to brine your own beef, leaving out the saltpeter. Known as potassium nitrate, saltpeter is often used to cure meat and is what gives the corned beef that familiar pink color.
- Chef Foster: Green beer and green cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day? I prefer
- The recipe is simple, requiring salt (and a curing salt for safer preservation, this was once saltpeter, no longer used) some spices, water and perhaps some vinegar.
- Oil Spills Stain Peruvian Amazon
- “But some oil spills can also function as anthropic saltpeter beds because the water extracted from the oil deposits is extremely saline, as has been dissolving subsurface rocks for years,” he adds.
Saltpeter is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Saltpeter books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
jacobs ladder film plot summary
orthoptera life cycle
axis powers italy
m g ranade