- ASI seeks info on provenance of idols
- “The samples provided by the ASI included the photographs of idols of Pratyankara, Sivakami Sundari, Astradeva, Amman and Sambandar. After examining the samples with the photo archives, we confirmed that the idol of Pratyankara was stolen from ...
- Each stone tells a story
- Even frequent wars did not deter such religious activities. The Saivite saint Thirugnana Sambandar has sung verses on many Siva temples in this region, including this one.
- Australian gallery identifies looted Indian treasures
- Worshippers of the Buddha, 3rd century Andhra Pradesh limestone sculpture bought by the National Gallery of Australia (NGA) from Art of the Past in 2005 for US$595,000. Its provenance is now described as "highly problematic." (Photo courtesy of NGA).
- Lakhs of Devotees Took Holy Dip on Theerthavari Day in Mahamaham Festival
- The head of mutts including Shanmuga Desiga Gnana Sambandar (Dharumapuram), Ambalavana Desigar (Tiruvavaduthurai) and Muthukumaraswamy Thambiran (Tiruppanandal) were present at the tank during Theerthavari. For about an hour, from 11.45 ...
- Mahamaham Commences With Religious Fervour
- Following this the heads of mutts Shanmuga Desiga Gnana Sambandar (Dharumapuram), Ambalavana Desigar (Tiruvavaduthurai) took a holy dip at Mahamaham tank at the northern bank there by officially inaugurated the Mahamaham festival. Ministers R ...
Sambandar is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sambandar books and related discussion.