A selection of articles related to samhitas.
Original articles from our library related to the Samhitas. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Samhitas.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Samhitas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Samhitas books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Intro Vedic Literrature, Part I
- the 'supreme scared knowledge' contained in the four Samhitas. (collections) Rigveda-Samhita is the oldest and most important work of. Vedic literature.
- VEdams and Upanishads.pub
- CONTENTS. 1 The Two kinds of knowledge : Para and Apara Vidhyas. 1.
- I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE: THE VEDA The Sanskrit
- The bottom layer consists of four books or “collections” (samhita, “put together”), two of .
- ACCESSION no. Z112 I \
- main divisions, viz., the Samhitas, which are. 25 only two divisions, the Samhitas and the Brah- manas.
Suggested News Resources
- Aryan Invasion Theory, Vedas and Dravidian Discourse
- In this post the scope is restricted to visiting Veda samhitas and Tamil literary works from the Sangam period that render the AIT / IAM theories redundant.
Suggested Web Resources
- Samhita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Samhita (Sanskrit saṃhita "joined" or "collected") may refer to". the basic metrical (mantra) text of each of the Vedas.
- Samhitas, Brahmanas, Upanishads: The Samhitas, Brahmanas
- Jan 1, 2007 The Samhitas contain simple hymns; The Brahmanas involve complicated rituals whereas The Upanishads take religion beyond liturgy.
- [Samhitas] : original text with a literal English translation : Dutt
- Mar 18, 2010 Gautama samhita.--Apastamba samhita.--Vasishtha samhita.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesvocabulary capacity
shakespeares sonnets sonnet 116
hurricane hazel trivia
bowen therapeutic technique