A selection of articles related to samothracia.
Original articles from our library related to the Samothracia. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Samothracia.
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 Then came he to Derbe and Lystra: and, behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timotheus, the son of a certain woman, which was a Jewess, and believed; but his father was a Greek: 16:2 Which was well reported of by the brethren that were...
New Testament >> The Acts
Samothracia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Samothracia books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Framing the Mysteries in the Sanctuary of the Great Gods on
- With the support of the Research Collaboration in the Humanities Program.
- The Argonauts on Samothrace
- poem with strong aitiological underpinnings, historical fact is never far from fiction in the Argonautica. Aspects of the Samothracian episode are no exception.
- A word-search puzzle from the Bible Pages. Theme: The apostle
- Jul 25, 2011 SAMOTHRACIA, SCRIPTURES, SELEUCIA, SIDON, SPAIN, SYRACUSE, SYRIA , TARSUS, THESSALONICA,.
Suggested News Resources
- Ενώ η μαγνητοθεραπεία ήταν γνωστή στην αρχαία Σαμοθράκη, οι Κορεάτες
- Τέλος, από τα αρχαία χρόνια ήσαν γνωστοί οι σιδηροί κρίκοι της Σαμοθράκης (samothracia ferrea), προϊόν της αρχαίας σαμοθρακίτικης μεταλλοβιοτεχνίας, οι οποίοι εκοσμούντο με χρυσό εν είδει κοσμημάτων.
Suggested Web Resources
- Bible Dictionary: Samothracia
- Samothracia. << Sam'othrace. Samothracia.
- Samothrace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Samothrace (also Samothraki is a Greek island in the northern Aegean Sea. It is a self-governing municipality within the Evros peripheral unit of Thrace.
- Strong's Greek: 4543. Σαμοθρᾴκη (Samothraké) -- "Samos of Thrace
- Samothracia. From Samos and Thraike (Thrace); Samo-thrace (Samos of Thrace) , an island in the Mediterranean -- Samothracia.
- Samothracian Mysteries of the Great Gods - Associations
- Our evidence for the Samothracian gods and their mysteries is both literary and archeological.