Samuel Ajayi Crowther
A selection of articles related to samuel ajayi crowther.
Original articles from our library related to the Samuel Ajayi Crowther. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Samuel Ajayi Crowther.
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Last year I wrote the Hagalaz article while snowed in. Later in the year I somehow managed to get the Nauthiz article written. (Library School is going well, got 3 A's and a B, should be finished by the end of 99, and in the spirit of Wunjo, a moderate "h...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Finding (Proving) Homeopathic Healing Properties
- The only way the healing properties of a homeopathic medicine can be discovered is by the system of provings. The provings are performed by groups of healthy volunteers. To get good test results it is necessary to work with healthy people, because Homeopathy...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
Samuel Ajayi Crowther is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Samuel Ajayi Crowther books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ENCYCLOPEDIA OP
- Crowther, Reverend Samuel Ajayi and the Niger Mission. Samuel Ajayi Crowther (c. 1806-1891) was a nineteenth- century Anglican bishop and missionary.
- CTH 209 CHRISTIANITY IN NIGERIA
- Andrew's Teachers College, Oyo, Oyo State, [now Bishop Ajayi. Crowther University, Oyo, Nigeria].
- THE SEARCH FOR A YORUBA ORTHOGRAPHY SINCE THE
- orthography on which Samuel Ajayi Crowther and a host of others (Christian clergymen and specialist linguists) had la- boured during the preceding 35 years.
- Fighting the Slave Trade: West African Strategies - Introduction
- mies”; Samuel Ajayi Crowther by an army of “Oyo Mahomedans, Foulahs and foreign slaves”; William Thomas was sold by “people belonging to Pedro.
- Olumayowa Francis Ajayi
- Yoruba by the first African Anglican Bishop, Samuel Ajayi Crowther (Bandia, 2008) and set the pace for further written translation tasks.
Suggested News Resources
- My priority is to sustain new trends in Nollywood – Frank Macaulay
- The Pilot turned producer and director of movies who is a direct descendant of Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther and Herbert Macaulay, had his primary education at Grange School and secondary education at Methodist Boys High School .
Suggested Web Resources
- Samuel Ajayi Crowther - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther (c. 1809 – 31 December 1891) was a linguist and the first African Anglican bishop in Nigeria.
- Crowther, Samuel Ajayi, Nigeria, Anglican
- Crowther, Samuel Ajayi 1807 to 1891. Anglican Nigeria.
- Abecedaria: Samuel Ajayi Crowther
- Oct 29, 2005 Samuel Ajayi Crowther. I don't often comment on the many new writing systems featured on Simon's Omniglot site.