Samuel Ajayi Crowther
A selection of articles related to samuel ajayi crowther.
Original articles from our library related to the Samuel Ajayi Crowther. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Samuel Ajayi Crowther.
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- My Brother's Keeper?
- My older brother was Evil. Not garden-variety evil, but Evil in the sense of a palpable malevolence that is devoted to the destruction of all that lives and breathes. Ever been pinned to the floor by someone laughing maniacally with a genuine replica of a...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Welcome to the third installment of the Rune-of-the-Month-Club. This month's rune is Uruz, the second rune of the Elder Futhark, and has the sound(s) of the letter "U", a nice long U sound, as in "food." If Fehu, the first rune, is a tame...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Samuel Ajayi Crowther is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Samuel Ajayi Crowther books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ENCYCLOPEDIA OP
- Crowther, Reverend Samuel Ajayi and the Niger Mission. Samuel Ajayi Crowther (c. 1806-1891) was a nineteenth- century Anglican bishop and missionary.
- CTH 209 CHRISTIANITY IN NIGERIA
- Andrew's Teachers College, Oyo, Oyo State, [now Bishop Ajayi. Crowther University, Oyo, Nigeria].
- THE SEARCH FOR A YORUBA ORTHOGRAPHY SINCE THE
- orthography on which Samuel Ajayi Crowther and a host of others (Christian clergymen and specialist linguists) had la- boured during the preceding 35 years.
- Fighting the Slave Trade: West African Strategies - Introduction
- mies”; Samuel Ajayi Crowther by an army of “Oyo Mahomedans, Foulahs and foreign slaves”; William Thomas was sold by “people belonging to Pedro.
- Olumayowa Francis Ajayi
- Yoruba by the first African Anglican Bishop, Samuel Ajayi Crowther (Bandia, 2008) and set the pace for further written translation tasks.
Suggested News Resources
- My priority is to sustain new trends in Nollywood – Frank Macaulay
- The Pilot turned producer and director of movies who is a direct descendant of Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther and Herbert Macaulay, had his primary education at Grange School and secondary education at Methodist Boys High School .
Suggested Web Resources
- Samuel Ajayi Crowther - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther (c. 1809 – 31 December 1891) was a linguist and the first African Anglican bishop in Nigeria.
- Crowther, Samuel Ajayi, Nigeria, Anglican
- Crowther, Samuel Ajayi 1807 to 1891. Anglican Nigeria.
- Abecedaria: Samuel Ajayi Crowther
- Oct 29, 2005 Samuel Ajayi Crowther. I don't often comment on the many new writing systems featured on Simon's Omniglot site.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.