A selection of articles related to samuel mockbee.
Original articles from our library related to the Samuel Mockbee. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Samuel Mockbee.
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- Last year I wrote the Hagalaz article while snowed in. Later in the year I somehow managed to get the Nauthiz article written. (Library School is going well, got 3 A's and a B, should be finished by the end of 99, and in the spirit of Wunjo, a moderate "h...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Finding (Proving) Homeopathic Healing Properties
- The only way the healing properties of a homeopathic medicine can be discovered is by the system of provings. The provings are performed by groups of healthy volunteers. To get good test results it is necessary to work with healthy people, because Homeopathy...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
Samuel Mockbee is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Samuel Mockbee books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Samuel Mockbee: Shelter for the Soul
- Samuel Mockbee's Shelters for the Soul, continued.
- Samuel Mockbee and the rural studio; Birmingham Museum of Art
- Samuel Mockbee and the rural studio; Birmingham Museum of Art - Birmingham, AL.
- “Proceed and be bold.” -Samuel Mockbee
- Hale County, Alabama. The Bielenberg Institute at the Edge of the Earth. 25 Congress Street.
- Lucy House Precedent
- 1993 by Sam Mockbee,.
Suggested News Resources
- Slacker 2011: Sam Wainwright Douglas Decides to Hitchhike
- Today's interview is with Sam Wainwright Douglas, documentarian and director of Citizen Architect: Samuel Mockbee and the Spirit of the Rural Studio, as well as The Holy Modal Rounders: Bound to Lose. He also acted in 2010's The Happy Poet.
- 1ST ANNUAL ARCHITECTURE CENTER HOUSTON FILM FESTIVAL SET FOR AUG. 11-13
- Architecture and activism in practice, Citizen Architect is the story of Samuel Mockbee and Auburn University's Rural Studio. The documentary follows Mockbee's vision in Hale County, Alabama.
- Team effort helps preserve house with civil rights legacy
- When Samuel Mockbee came to Hale County and established the Rural Studio, she took notice. His projects frequently helped poor people. “When Sambo came to Greensboro, I think people were leery,” she said.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Official Website of Samuel Mockbee
- Samuel Mockbee was an architect, artist and teacher.
- Samuel Mockbee - Architectural Record
- Andrea Oppenheimer Dean looks back at Mockbee's life and career as he was posthumously awarded an AIA Gold Medal Award.
- Samuel Mockbee - Salon.com
- Aug 9, 2001 Amid architecture's increasing irrelevance, one man decided that poor people can have great houses.