A selection of articles related to samuel mockbee.
Original articles from our library related to the Samuel Mockbee. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Samuel Mockbee.
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- My Brother's Keeper?
- My older brother was Evil. Not garden-variety evil, but Evil in the sense of a palpable malevolence that is devoted to the destruction of all that lives and breathes. Ever been pinned to the floor by someone laughing maniacally with a genuine replica of a...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Welcome to the third installment of the Rune-of-the-Month-Club. This month's rune is Uruz, the second rune of the Elder Futhark, and has the sound(s) of the letter "U", a nice long U sound, as in "food." If Fehu, the first rune, is a tame...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Ansuz, the "A" rune, is the fourth rune in the first aett of the Elder Futhark. The Proto-Germanic word "Ansuz" means a "God", that is, the Gods and Goddesses of the Aesir and Vanir. This rune is particularly connected to Odin....
Divination >> Rune Stones
Samuel Mockbee is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Samuel Mockbee books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Samuel Mockbee: Shelter for the Soul
- Samuel Mockbee's Shelters for the Soul, continued.
- Samuel Mockbee and the rural studio; Birmingham Museum of Art
- Samuel Mockbee and the rural studio; Birmingham Museum of Art - Birmingham, AL.
- “Proceed and be bold.” -Samuel Mockbee
- Hale County, Alabama. The Bielenberg Institute at the Edge of the Earth. 25 Congress Street.
- Lucy House Precedent
- 1993 by Sam Mockbee,.
Suggested News Resources
- Slacker 2011: Sam Wainwright Douglas Decides to Hitchhike
- Today's interview is with Sam Wainwright Douglas, documentarian and director of Citizen Architect: Samuel Mockbee and the Spirit of the Rural Studio, as well as The Holy Modal Rounders: Bound to Lose. He also acted in 2010's The Happy Poet.
- 1ST ANNUAL ARCHITECTURE CENTER HOUSTON FILM FESTIVAL SET FOR AUG. 11-13
- Architecture and activism in practice, Citizen Architect is the story of Samuel Mockbee and Auburn University's Rural Studio. The documentary follows Mockbee's vision in Hale County, Alabama.
- Team effort helps preserve house with civil rights legacy
- When Samuel Mockbee came to Hale County and established the Rural Studio, she took notice. His projects frequently helped poor people. “When Sambo came to Greensboro, I think people were leery,” she said.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Official Website of Samuel Mockbee
- Samuel Mockbee was an architect, artist and teacher.
- Samuel Mockbee - Architectural Record
- Andrea Oppenheimer Dean looks back at Mockbee's life and career as he was posthumously awarded an AIA Gold Medal Award.
- Samuel Mockbee - Salon.com
- Aug 9, 2001 Amid architecture's increasing irrelevance, one man decided that poor people can have great houses.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Samuel Mockbee Topics
Related searchesandrew dice clay commercial failure
diving cylinder parts of a cylinder
hillbilly the hillbilly stereotype
franks the frankish empire
stillwater oklahoma geography