A selection of articles related to samuel tuke.
Original articles from our library related to the Samuel Tuke. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Samuel Tuke.
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Last year I wrote the Hagalaz article while snowed in. Later in the year I somehow managed to get the Nauthiz article written. (Library School is going well, got 3 A's and a B, should be finished by the end of 99, and in the spirit of Wunjo, a moderate "h...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Finding (Proving) Homeopathic Healing Properties
- The only way the healing properties of a homeopathic medicine can be discovered is by the system of provings. The provings are performed by groups of healthy volunteers. To get good test results it is necessary to work with healthy people, because Homeopathy...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
Samuel Tuke is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Samuel Tuke books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Samuel Tuke's Description of the Retreat
- (4). Within 2 years after its publication, the nearby York Asylum had been made over in the Retreat's image.
- Retreat, 1811 Samuel Tuke's First Publication on the Treatment of
- Jun 7, 2011 by the Qjiakers in. I 796, Samuel. Tuke's.
- psychiatry. available in this present publication, photolithography
- Description of The Retreat, by SAMUEL TUKE, reprinted with an Introduction by. Richard Hunter and Ida Macalpine, London, Dawsons, I964, PP. 26227, illus.
- Descendants of William Tuke
- Aug 22, 2011 They had eight children: Edith, Ellen Maria, Priscilla Hannah, Wilfrid John, Philip Dearman, Samuel Tuke, George and Henry Tuke.
Suggested News Resources
- Da tesi di dottorato a manifesto anti-internamento
- Nonché il loro passare da errore del corpo a colpa sociale tale da richiedere (specie con Samuel Tuke e Philippe Pinel) una punizione corporale.
Suggested Web Resources
- Samuel Tuke | Insane Asylums --- 19th Century | Violent Patients
- Samuel Tuke (1784-1857) --- an English merchant of coffee and tea, continued the work of his father, William Tuke, in managing the York Asylum.
- Description of the Retreat, an ... - Google Books
- (Google eBook). Front Cover. Samuel Tuke · 2 Reviewshttp://books.