A selection of articles related to samurai culture.
Original articles from our library related to the Samurai Culture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Samurai Culture.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Samurai Culture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Samurai Culture books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Samurai photo studio is coming back to Tokyo
- Historians generally feel that the age of the samurai came to an end in 1868, when the political event known as the Meiji Restoration put an end to Japan's centuries of feudal rule and abolished the warrior caste.
- Heroes and villains reimagined as traditional Chinese crockery
- The pair is crowdfunding a series of five bone china plates on Kickstarter, each with a different hero or villain from pop culture, in a series called "Blue and White Porcelain -- Vice and Virtue".
- 'Zimerican' Playwright Danai Gurira Brings African Stories To American Stages
- The actress and playwright — who you may know best as Michonne, the samurai sword-wielding zombie slayer on The Walking Dead — was born in Iowa, to Zimbabwean parents, and the family moved back to Harare when she was just five. ...
- Arts and Entertainment Calendar
- Knowlton's book, Color Me Included, reveals the complicated connections between race relations and religion in early New England and invites comparisons with matters of race and religion in today's culture. Rev.
- New Gameplay for Afro Samurai Creator-Styled Action Game, Furi
- Featured above, the new gameplay trailer showcases the upcoming PlayStation 4 and PC game's boss battles. The “Guardian” boss is a mix of a hunter, tactician, and a silly mercenary that utilizes camouflage, drones, and a laser sniper rifle. It's worth ...