San Pedro Cutud Lenten Rites
A selection of articles related to san pedro cutud lenten rites.
Original articles from our library related to the San Pedro Cutud Lenten Rites. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on San Pedro Cutud Lenten Rites.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- King Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus
- The story of king Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus is both horrifying and carries a certain warning. There arrived one day in Thebes a dancing god of great beauty and magnetism. So strong was his pull that all the women in that town...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
San Pedro Cutud Lenten Rites is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, San Pedro Cutud Lenten Rites books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- In Maleldo rites: No crucifixion for foreigners
- CITY OF SAN FERNANDO -- Officials of the 2015 Maleldo (Holy Week) committee announced on Monday that they are banning foreigners from joining the annual crucifixion rites on Good Friday in Barangay San Pedro Cutud, here.
- San Pedro Cutud: Via Crucis
- With tourists and local onlookers alike flocking to the foot of the hill, with the anachronistic Globe Telecom tent and Pocari Sweat streamers dotting the venue, Via Crucis at Cutud is where the parochial meets the urbane.
- WATCH: Pampanga penitents' bloody Lenten rites
- In Barangay San Pedro Cutud and in nearby villages, devotees had themselves nailed to crosses in the belief that such extreme sacrifices are a way to atone for their sins, attain miracle cures for illnesses or give thanks to God.
- Christianity, when properly understood, is a religion of losers
- Helpers nail one of 18 symbolic 'Christs' to a cross on Good Friday in San Pedro Cutud, Philippines. 'The Christian ...