A selection of articles related to sangha day.
Original articles from our library related to the Sangha Day. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sangha Day.
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 23:3 Six days shall work be done:...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And it came to pass on the day that Moses had fully set up the tabernacle, and had anointed it, and sanctified it, and all the instruments thereof, both the altar and all the vessels thereof, and had anointed them, and sanctified them; 7:2 That...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. 12:3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Sangha Day is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sangha Day books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Transmission and Sangha Day Dates for 2010–2011
- The term starts again on Saturday 8th January 2011 with the Sangha Day. The transmissions will break with the Sangha Day on 2nd July 2011.
- Magha Puja February 18 ('Sangha Day').
- It's Sangha Day time again:
- See you there, it's going to be a lot of fun.
- An Introduction to Buddhist festivals
- sangha is one of the three precious jewels (Buddha, Dharma and Sangha).
- Forest Sangha Calendar
- Magha Puja March 7 ('Sangha Day').
Suggested News Resources
- Bendigo monks celebrate Sangha Day
- BENDIGO'S Buddhist monks were honoured at a special Sangha Day celebration at the Atisha Centre on Sunday. “It was showing our appreciation for members of the Sangha – they do a lot of counselling and looking after people,” Mr Chambers said.
Suggested Web Resources
- BBC - Religions - Buddhism: Sangha Day
- May 7, 2004 Sangha Day is the second most important Buddhist festival. It is a celebration in honour of the Sangha, or the Buddhist community.
- Magha Puja Day - Buddhist Tourism
- Magha Puja Day (Four Fold Sangha or Sangha Day). The Story Of The Festival Goes...
- Sangha Day - YouTube
- Jul 11, 2011 --Earth Day 2009 at Dhammakaya Temple, Pathumta...by dhammakaya1937 views · Thumbnail 9:38. Add to.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.