- 181st birthday of Ramakrishna celebrated
- Special Arati, Sankirtan, bhajans and photo exhibition on the life of Ramakrishna were other highlights of the daylong programme. There were devotional songs by monks, staffs and students.
- The face of another nationalism
- Predictably, the valley came to be a crucible of civilisation, capable of giving the world the game of polo, an India classical dance, the Nat Sankirtan which incidentally has been declared a Unesco world heritage, and more.
- Voices of the people
- While the Nautanki group performed “Amar Singh Rathore”, the Katha Sankirtan performers presented the wedding of Ram and Sita in “Janaki Parinay”. Interestingly, Puran Bhat and fellow puppeteers also presented their version of “Amar Singh Rathore”.
- VISAKHAPATNAM TODAY
- Andhra Music Academy: 16th annual music and dance festival, veena recital by Vankayala Meenakumari, Kalabharathi auditorium, 6 p.m.. Hare Krishna Movement: 'Harinama Sankirtana', 'nagara sankirtan', starting from Sri Panduranga Swamy temple, ...
- INT'L DANCE FESTIVAL
- Among the diverse types of Sankirtan ceremonies, the Nata-Pala is the most complex, involving male drum and cymbal dancers. The Nata-Pala is performed throughout the year at important festivals and at significant “rites-of-passage” in an individual's life.
Sankirtan is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sankirtan books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.