A selection of articles related to sanskrit.
Original articles from our library related to the Sanskrit. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sanskrit.
- Auras and Chakras
- An aura is the three-dimensional energy field that surrounds the bodies of all beings and things. The healthier you are, the further the aura will extend out from your body. How to read the Aura Find a place where there isn't any harsh light. Focus on one...
Body Mysteries >> Auras
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Namaste - Meaning and Usage
- The term Namaste is commonly used within new-age, yoga and reiki circles. It is a respectful greeting, both as a welcome and a saying good-bye. This Sanskrit word was brought to the western world by spiritual seekers in India and Nepal. I’m sure it has become...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The healing heat of Ginger
- My first amazing experience with the healing power of Ginger was during a fasting week I assisted as a student. A bit nervous I applied slices of fresh cut Ginger on the lower back area of my teacher-naturopath, since she was suffering from back-ache since...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
- Hulse, David Allen
- From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Sanskrit is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sanskrit books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sanskrit and Prakrit
- When Sanskrit is written in another script, the corresponding letters in that script are transliterated according to this table. 1). (see Note.
- ETRI Bib. Sanskrit Study
- Bibliographic Guides. Sanskrit Language Study: An Annotated Bibliography of Selected Materials in English.
- Bible in Sanskrit
- the New Testament from Greek into Sanskrit, published as second edition in the year 1851.
- 9 Sanskrit Alphabet
- Sanskrit. Alphabet with English Transliteration. Ē ĒŸ Ń Ö Ü į a ā i ī u ū ä ć å ē e ai o au ą ā ƒ‡.
Suggested News Resources
- Sanskrit as career option
- By Ravindra Saini in Dehradun THOSE days have gone when students in Uttarakhand used to think thrice before reading Sanskrit in schools and colleges.
- Sanskrit back in demand among students
- In Kerala though, thanks to the youth festivals more schoolchildren are finding renewed interest in Sanskrit, notes Jayaprakash, a sanskrit teacher at Allapuzha TD School.
- Maha Mrityunjaya jaap held for Anna's health
- 50 students of local Sanskrit Mahavidlaya chanted the mrityunjaya jaap and later, a hawan-yajna was held. President of Sanatan dharamshala Naveen Kedia said, "Anna is getting weaker every passing day.
- One-of-a-Kind Clothing, Based on Ayurveda, Launches Online
- Vastra is an ancient word from Sanskrit that translates to 'clothing' or fabric' .
- Mangalore: National Symposium on Sanskrit Begins at Vijaya College
- Although Sanskrit enjoys national recognition, it's yet to make its effect. The need of the hour is to study its ideology,” said Professor VN Jha, former director, Sanskrit Study Centre, Pune, and internationally-acclaimed Sanskrit linguist.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sanskrit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sanskrit is a historical Indo-Aryan language and the primary liturgical language of Hinduism.
- Sanskrit alphabet, pronunciation and language
- A Sanskrit letter chart (for vowels, consonants, conjunct consonants, totally 46) in transliteration and nagari script.
- Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit
- Spokensanskrit - An English - Sanskrit dictionary: This is an online hypertext dictionary for Sanskrit - English and English - Sanskrit.
- Sri Devasthanam - the website of the Sanskrit Religions Institute that presents information on Hindu culture that is both scholarly and religious.
- Ukindia Learn Sanskrit Lesson 1
- Sanskrit Lesson 1 Sanskrit is one of the world's most ancient languages and is derived from the same proto To revise the Sanskrit/Hindi script click here.
meaning of dreams baby
girdler sulfide process