Santa Clara River
A selection of articles related to santa clara river.
Original articles from our library related to the Santa Clara River. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Santa Clara River.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Santa Clara River is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Santa Clara River books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- TMDL for Chloride in the Santa Clara River
- On May 1, 2003, U.S.
- Santa Clara River Reserve
- Communities. Santa Clara. River Reserve.
- SANTA CLARA RIVER WATERSHED TIMES
- results from the Santa Clara River and Arroyo Seco programs. This issue also highlights discussion by Jeff Ford on the Upper Santa Clara River.
Suggested News Resources
- Elected leaders ask public to support McGrath State Beach
- "It's a special place to our community," said Williams, standing near the Santa Clara River natural preserve. "It would be tragic to see a park like this close.
- Ventura police respond to high number of vehicle burglaries
- Police said that while incidents are occurring throughout the city, hot spots include the Ventura Harbor/Pierpont area, midtown, downtown and the southeast part of the city near the Santa Clara River. In the past week, 37 incidents were reported.
- Cason Point: Coca-Cola poll could do what the pols can't
- The park's sewer line, which crosses the Santa Clara River, could rupture at any time. A spill would not only foul a bird sanctuary, it would send sewage into the ocean.
- Chloride levels might make treatment plant a wash
- By Jim Holt Signal Senior Staff Writer For nine of the past 13 months, water in the Santa Clara River has crossed the Ventura County line below pollution limits set by water-quality officials, the latest water-quality numbers reveal.
- St. George moves forward with flood improvement, repair projects
- Flood waters of the Santa Clara River are confined Dec. 21, 2010, between the armored banks that were put into place following the 2005 floods that swept through the same area. / Jud Burkett / The Spectrum ST.
Suggested Web Resources
- Santa Clara River (California) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Santa Clara River is approximately 83 miles (134 km) long, located in southern California in the United States.
- LACDPW: Santa Clara River Watershed
- The Santa Clara River Watershed encompasses approximately 1634 square miles.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.