- Cataphracts: Armored Warriors and their Horses of War
- The impact of a cataphract charge is also highlighted by the historian Tacitus, who wrote that “when they (the Sarmatians) attack the foe on horseback, hardly any line can resist them.
- Spectacular tomb of Sarmatian Warrior woman found in Russia
- Russian archaeologists have unearthed a trove of remarkable significance: the tomb of a Sarmatian noble woman warrior who worshiped fire. The tomb was found with more than 100 arrowheads, a horse harness, a collection of knives and a sword, which all ...
- “A national sculpture team”
- The sculptor lives in Kyiv now, but still uses in his sculptures symbolic legacy of Scythians and Sarmatians, albeit in a modernized form.
- Treasure trove of warrior jewellery unearthed in Russia: Ancient grave belongs
- The female fighter was a Sarmatian, a people who worshipped fire and whose prominent role in warfare was seen as an inspiration for the Amazons of Greek mythology. A gem with a single-line Phoenician or early Aramaic inscription was found buried with ...
- Women in the Infantry? No Thanks
- With Capt. Kristen Griest and First Lt. Shaye Haver recently becoming the first female soldiers to complete Army Ranger School, demands for the complete integration of women in the U.
Sarmatians is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sarmatians books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.