Sassanid Dynasty History
A selection of articles related to sassanid dynasty history.
Original articles from our library related to the Sassanid Dynasty History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sassanid Dynasty History.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: New Kingdom
- New Kingdom (ca 1580 -1085 bc.) The Hyksos people The so called 'Hyksos' invasion, which was most likely composed of several small groups of different people infiltrating the delta during the 13th Dynasty, meant the end of the Middle Kingdom. The Hyksos...
Religions >> Egyptian
Sassanid Dynasty History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sassanid Dynasty History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE SASSANIAN DYNASTY (CE 224-641) - AVESTA -- Zoroastrian
- The author, here, tries to recreate a brief history of the Sassanian Dynasty ... established his rule as Ardeshir I over the previous Parthian Empire in CE 224.
- THE SASSANIAN DYNASTY SASSAN
- and domineering spirit changed the course of history. Not content with the practice .... Bust faces right as on all coins of the Sassanian Dynasty.
- 14_chapter 5.pdf - Shodhganga
- The Sassanian Empire or Sassanid Empire is the name used for the fourth Iranian ... 379 A.D.
- The Incomparable Sassanids. Shapur II (Shahpbur) using the
- Achaemenid Empire, founded by Cyrus the Great, and the second, the Parthian ... founded by an Iranian people from north-east Iran; the Sassanian Empire was ...
- 4. The Sassanid Empire (224 – 633) In the early third century CE
- western provinces of the Empire, established himself at. Ctesiphon, and in 224 was declared ShahanShah. He must have secured the cooperation of the bulk of ...
Suggested News Resources
- Cataphracts: Armored Warriors and their Horses of War
- Relief Taq-e Bostan (Kermanshah Province in Iran) from the era of Sassanid Empire: One of the oldest depictions of a cataphract. ...
- Today in History …
- 363 – Roman Emperor Julian moves from Antioch with an army of 90,000 to attack the Sassanid Empire, in a campaign which would bring about his own death. 1046 – Naser Khosrow begins the seven-year Middle Eastern journey which he will later describe ...
- 34 incredibly beautiful reasons to visit Iran
- Third-century Persian ruler Ardashir I -- the founder of Iran's Sassanid Empire -- built this palace for himself. In front is a lake ....
- Said Ahmed-Zaid: Muslims, Christians were not rivals throughout history
- The early Muslims also perceived the Greeks of the Christian Byzantine Empire as closer to their religion while the polytheist Meccans felt more inclination toward the Persian Sassanid Empire and their religion.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sasanian Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Sasanian Empire also known as Sassanian, Sasanid, Sassanid or Neo- Persian Empire), known to its ...
- History of Iran: Sassanid Empire - Iran Chamber Society
- The Sassanids established an empire roughly within the frontiers achieved by the Achaemenids, with the capital at Ctesiphon. The Sassanids consciously ...
- Sasanian Empire - Ancient History Encyclopedia
- May 17, 2013 The Sasanian Empire (also spelled Sassanian, Sasanid or Sassanid) was the last pre-Islamic Persian empire, established in 224 CE by ...
- An Introduction to the Sasanian Dynasty | CAIS©
- The Sasanian dynasty was founded by Ardashir I after defeating the last ... Christensen, A., "Sassanid Persia", The Cambridge Ancient History, Volume XII: The ...
- Sassanid Empire - New World Encyclopedia
- The Sassanid Dynasty was established by Ardashir I, a descendant of a line of the priests of goddess ...