Sati Practice Scriptures
A selection of articles related to sati practice scriptures.
Original articles from our library related to the Sati Practice Scriptures. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sati Practice Scriptures.
- What is Necromantic Practice?
- First off, Necromantic Practice is NOT a Religion. You can be a Christian, Jew, Pagan, etc.and still practice Necromantics. (I prefer to use this term instead of the ever-tarnished "Necromancy") Death touches ALL Religions, therefore is not a...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Meditation, Felling and Group Mind (GM3)
- The main reason why the modern person usually assumes they have little to no psychic sensitivity, is because they are not in touch with their feelings. The second most prevalent reason for this attitude, is due to our training in the modern paradigm. In...
Mind >> Meditation
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 7
- MAKING FRIENDS WITH NATURE AND NATURAL LAW The fall of human society has not occurred overnight. It has taken many centuries, many millennia in fact, for the Divine potentials and inherent genius of the human being to degrade into the modern...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Resurrection of the Higher Self
- In July of 1989, a controversial article crossed the managing editor's desk of an equally controversial magazine. This article was never actually published in the quarterly publication, then known as The Magical Blend , even though it was well documented by...
Body Mysteries >> Psychoactive Substances
- Trance-formation (The Cosmic Tao of the Sexes)
- The purest outpouring of love between the sexes, is as a miniature super-nova of ecstatic union. Reciprocating pleasure becomes the engine that feeds the fires of passion. Passion becomes dynamic fuel for love. It is an engine that runs with the force of a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Staying in the Energy of Love ~ Conscious Relationships
- At the beginning of a relationship, it is easy to love. You don't have to do much to receive love. Both of you give and receive, like in a wonderful dance. We believe that love should remain like that forever. In reality, love is a continuous state of being....
Body Mysteries >> Relationships
Sati Practice Scriptures is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sati Practice Scriptures books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mahasati – A Heroine of Assert & Dissert
- literatures have been engaged with the sati practice and ideology directly, the.
- 20 Sati and sanskrit: the move from orientalism to hinduism
- when one deprivileges “scripture” as the source of one's historical interpre- tation of Indian .. discussion of the scriptural basis of the sati practice.
- PRACTICING SATI
- Practicing Sati (dharma talk transcription) The meditation teachers, the scriptures of yoga, samkhya, .. When does the practice of sati begin in the morning?
- While underlining the non-existent scriptural sanction for sati in Hin- reactions of those who practiced it, i.e.
- Colonial Discourse on Women's Emancipation \lait. refon-r~crs
- The Secretary of the Government referred the issue to the Nizamat Adalat, enquiring how far and in what ways the practice of sati was found in the scriptures.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sati (practice) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Although the myth of the goddess Sati is that of a wife who dies by her own volition on a fire, this is not a case of the practice of sati.
- Women in Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sati. Main article: Sati (practice). "A Hindu Suttee".
- Women in World History : MODULE 5
- Gradually, the word sati was used to designate the ritual of self-immolation or both the practice of self-immolation and the Hindu widow who died by this ritual. of sati sought sanction for their opposing positions in Hindu scriptural texts.
- Mahavidya.ca » The Tradition of Sati
- Apr 15, 2008 Sati was practiced because it is outlined in sacred scripture.