A selection of articles related to satyrs.
Original articles from our library related to the Satyrs. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Satyrs.
- Fauna and Faunus
- Paired Deities of grove and forest, and the life therein. Faunus was originally a mythical King of Latium, but in later times, these spirits were conflated with Hellenic Pan, and the Race of Satyrs....
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Satyrs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Satyrs books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Book Of Satyrs
- His is no gently-advancing theory, but his satires (or satyrs, as he loves to call them) arrive as full-fledged and assertive dogma.
- Visiting with Mitchell's Satyrs in Alabama
- Some stories are worth retelling, and the discovery of Mitchell's Satyr in. Alabama is one of them. In June 2000,.
- B3d9e|' Hat 50 e*°T°';\ Mail to: Satyrs ivic. P.O. Box 1131
- c C Application Due: August 25, 2011. B3d9e|' Hat 50 e*°T°';\ Mail to: Satyrs ivic. P.
- SATYRS AND WOOD NYMPHS OF ARKANSAS
- 29. Arkansas Academy of Science Proceedings, Vol. 22, 1968.
Suggested News Resources
- The Veggie Girl: Summer savory and its winter cousin
- The genus' Latin name, Satureja, is attributed to the Roman writer, Pliny, and is a derivative of the word “satyr,” a mythical half man, half goat.
- Turkish coaches sacrifice goats, apparently
- For instance, did you know that satyrs and centaurs no longer roam around Greece? You learn new things about foreign lands every day! Sometimes, though, the weirdness of an unknown country goes well beyond new food and confusing exchange rates.
- Artist of the week 151: Mathilde Rosier
- Wispy watercolours might conjure dancers in catsuits, satyrs or women in 18th-century ball gowns, and the masked flesh-and-blood people in her performances move like Egyptian hieroglyphs brought magically to life.
- Patch Picks: 5 Faces Hidden in Plain Sight
- That the corners of the facade are graced with twin personified suns came to our notice years ago, but a closer view reveals those faces appear to be, most curiously, those of satyrs. Private residence, corner of Main and W.
- Casa Nonna Is "A Great Place To Fire Someone," And Other Restaurant Reviews
- "At least Howard Chandler Christy's naked nymphs still frolic with satyrs on the muraled walls." Finally, at Time Out Jay Cheshes dug the Thai fare at Zabb Elee in the East Village enough to award it three stars.
Suggested Web Resources
- SATYRS : Nature Spirits, Rustic Daemones | Greek mythology
- THE SATYROI (or Satyrs) were rustic fertility daimones (spirits) of the wilderness and countryside.
- Mar 3, 1997 In Greek mythology the satyrs are deities of the woods and mountains.
- One of the most famous Satyrs was Pan, a son of Hermes by Penelope (possibly the daughter of Dryops) or of Zeus and Hybris.
- Satyrs Motorcycle Club
- Aug 20, 2011 Satyrs Motorcycle Club, a Southern California motorcycle club, is the oldest, continuously running gay organization in the United States.