A selection of articles related to saxons.
Original articles from our library related to the Saxons. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Saxons.
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
Saxons is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Saxons books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Regia Handbook - Saxon Supplement
- The Anglo-Saxon settlement of England was no overnight affair. The late-Roman Saxons.
- Anglo-Saxons. Plated disc brooch. Kent, England.
- Anglo-Saxons: Sutton Hoo
- Anglo-Saxons: Sutton Hoo. Helmet from the ship-burial at Sutton Hoo. Suffolk, England.
- LITERARY APPROPRIATIONS OF THE ANGLO-SAXONS FROM
- 3 The South English Legendary: Anglo-Saxon saints and. 57 national identity jill 5 Saxons versus Danes: the anonymous Edmund Ironside.
Suggested News Resources
- 2011 Football Preview: South Salem Saxons
- Who knows the team better than the head coach? With that thought in mind, we turned our 2011 team previews over to the men wearing the headsets. The following are their answers to our questionnaire.
- High school football 2011: AAA Liberty District
- Both the Saxons and Highlanders made the playoffs last year and bring back key players. The Rebels showed growth last year and expect to challenge for the district title.
- Comics You Should Own – Northlanders #1-8, 20
- Thora has been abused by Gorm and she will be raped repeatedly by the Saxons, and all she wants is to die on her feet.
- Elbow injury forces Ferris' Goodwin to move from quarterback
- Despite his severe elbow injury, Ben Goodwin, left, plans to help the Saxons this season at defensive back. Ben Goodwin felt a pop in his elbow and immediately knew something was wrong.
- South Salem's high expectations are tempered by inexperience at offensive line
- The Saxons will have to rebuild a line with only two returning players. A lot of people have high expectations for the South Salem High School football team this year. The Saxons went 8-4 overall and reached the state quarterfinal round last year.
Suggested Web Resources
- Saxons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Saxons (Latin: Saxones, Old English: Seaxe, Old Saxon: Sahson) were a confederation of Old Germanic tribes.
- Saxon's Diamond Centers
- At Saxon's Diamond Centers, customer service, fine quality jewelry, and the best prices are our priorities since 1958.
- Saxon Shoes - The Ultimate Shoe Experience
- With over 200 well-known brand names for men, women and children... Saxon has more shoes in more styles and sizes than 10 typical shoe stores combined.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
agra fort layout
unrolled linked lists
venus williams performance timeline