A selection of articles related to scarab.
Original articles from our library related to the Scarab. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Scarab.
- 'He who is coming into being of himself'. Creator god in the form of a beetle or scarab, mentioned as far back as the 5th Dynasty (ca 2494-2345 BC) in the Pyramid Texts. The ancient Egyptians watched the scarab pushing his dung ball in front of him, and drew...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- The Creator God of the Ennead of Heliopolis, who rose out of the Primeval Waters by self-creation. In the Pyramid Texts he is said to be the Primeval Mound from where he created the structured universe. Called "He Who came into being of Himself", or...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Animal Magic
- (Its More Familiar Than You Think!) A Circle fills the room with its special glow. Fragrant herbs perfume the air; candles light the night. And two small eyes glow up at you, knowing that they too are part of the magic. People and animals have worked magic...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Scarab is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scarab books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Etruscan Tomb Yields Golden Scarab
- MILAN, ITALY—ANSA.it reports that a tomb dating to the eighth century B.C.
- In Jewelry Design, the Beauties of Nature
- One standout piece in the jeweled menagerie was the Khepri à Secret, a name derived from the ancient Egyptian word for a scarab, or beetle. A tap of the silvery wings revealed a secret watch, one of the timepiece conceits in vogue in the 1940s and 1950s.
- Desiree Cooper tells women's stories in new book, "Know the Mother"
- Writer Desiree Cooper will sign copies of her new book about mothers, “Know the Mother,” from 6-8 p.m. March 15 at Detroit's Scarab Club, 217 Farnsworth.
- This week's big Warframe update is a mix of mummies and emoji
- Sandstorm is a whirling attack which can also 'devour' quicksand-trapped enemies, and finally there's the Scarab Swarm transformation. "Charge to transform health into hardened scarab armor," reads the latter's description.
- Whitewashed 'Gods of Egypt' offers junk food fun
- With the flying giant scarab chariots, Set's Transformer-esque makeover and Ra's spaceship, the viewer knows the movie is not grounded in reality.
jawa motors motor scooter
dream symbol drivers seat
leonard cohen themes
chteau dif prison