A selection of articles related to scarab.
Original articles from our library related to the Scarab. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Scarab.
- 'He who is coming into being of himself'. Creator god in the form of a beetle or scarab, mentioned as far back as the 5th Dynasty (ca 2494-2345 BC) in the Pyramid Texts. The ancient Egyptians watched the scarab pushing his dung ball in front of him, and drew...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- The Creator God of the Ennead of Heliopolis, who rose out of the Primeval Waters by self-creation. In the Pyramid Texts he is said to be the Primeval Mound from where he created the structured universe. Called "He Who came into being of Himself", or...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Animal Magic
- (Its More Familiar Than You Think!) A Circle fills the room with its special glow. Fragrant herbs perfume the air; candles light the night. And two small eyes glow up at you, knowing that they too are part of the magic. People and animals have worked magic...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Scarab is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scarab books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Etruscan Tomb Yields Golden Scarab
- MILAN, ITALY—ANSA.it reports that a tomb dating to the eighth century B.C.
- In Jewelry Design, the Beauties of Nature
- One standout piece in the jeweled menagerie was the Khepri à Secret, a name derived from the ancient Egyptian word for a scarab, or beetle. A tap of the silvery wings revealed a secret watch, one of the timepiece conceits in vogue in the 1940s and 1950s.
- Desiree Cooper tells women's stories in new book, "Know the Mother"
- Writer Desiree Cooper will sign copies of her new book about mothers, “Know the Mother,” from 6-8 p.m. March 15 at Detroit's Scarab Club, 217 Farnsworth.
- This week's big Warframe update is a mix of mummies and emoji
- Sandstorm is a whirling attack which can also 'devour' quicksand-trapped enemies, and finally there's the Scarab Swarm transformation. "Charge to transform health into hardened scarab armor," reads the latter's description.
- Whitewashed 'Gods of Egypt' offers junk food fun
- With the flying giant scarab chariots, Set's Transformer-esque makeover and Ra's spaceship, the viewer knows the movie is not grounded in reality.
Related searchesivette sosa
seekonk massachusetts major highways
patent application ethical issues
zombie zombies in folklore
brampton fall fair