A selection of articles related to scary stories.
Original articles from our library related to the Scary Stories. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Scary Stories.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- A Couple Ghost Stories
- I don’t know many Cambridge ghosts but perhaps readers might enlighten me as to how many we have in the area. As a matter of fact, the Cambridge Archives would be pleased to have a collection of stories for the files. If you care to write up a story related...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Scary Stories is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scary Stories books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Scary Story Startup Kit
- Share scary stories with your students (see flyer of August House titles in this package Encourage your students to share their scary stories with August House.
- HOW TO WRITE YOUR OWN SCARY STORY:
- HOW TO WRITE YOUR OWN SCARY STORY. 1. Choose an interesting "what if.
- Scary Stories
- Conjure Up Some Scary Stories… for Upper Elementary. Aiken, Joan. The Wolves of Willoughby Chase.
- DB2 Version 8 Partitioning Scary Stories
- DB2 Version 8. Partitioning. Scary Stories.
- Scared Witless: Scary Stories for Older Kids
- Scared Witless: Scary Stories for. Older Kids. Updated by: Virginia Whiting 02/11.
Suggested News Resources
- Scary stories: Ryan Gosling's abs
- By Drew Grant Ryan Gosling stood in front of the mirror, shirt raised. The green room "Access Hollywood" provided him was softly lit, yet Ryan could still make out the pale, clammy pallor reflected back at him.
- When we shield our kids from scary stories, who are we really trying to protect?
- Andrea Meyer says she skips over passages of books she fears will frighten her 3-year-old son, Aidan. (David L.
- Cry It Out Isn't Just for Babies!
- As writer (and my friend) Kate Tuttle pointed out recently, the new trend in parenting is to shield our kids from the scary stories, to prevent them from "feeling bad" before they ever get the chance.
- Staunton actor's character gets boost from real life
- When a mother first hears the scary stories of a chronic disease like diabetes, nothing is taken for granted. "He's an amazing drummer," she said. "And from the outside, he looks like a regular old kid.
- 'This is for us': Faith Ford, Campion Murphy talk about 'Escapee', bringing
- "We had a hunting camp that the whole family would go to and have pig roasts and fish frys, and at night he'd tell the kids these scary stories -- and they were always about a real person! He believed you should be afraid to a certain degree.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ghost Stories, Scary Stories, Spooky Tales, Supernatural Stories
- Retellings of ghost stories, spooky tales, hauntings, and supernatural events. Scary ghost stories come from all over America.
- Ghost Stories | Scary Stories | Horror Stories
- Large collection of true ghost stories, scary stories and horror stories. Share your paranormal experience with us.
- Scary Stories - Everything Scary
- Scary Stories from real people. We do not correct spelling or grammar. If you're looking for great story sites click here.
- Scary Stories
- Scary Stories. story time image.
- Southern Ghost Stories, Folktales, Myths and Legends from The
- Ghost stories, folktales, myths and legends of the American South. Text and audio short stories. Original short stories and classic campfire tales.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Scary Stories Topics
3rd century ce