- Researching emerging zoonotic schistosomiasis in West Africa
- We were looking for schistosome parasites in order to determine the distribution and prevalence of the novel emerging zoonotic potential of these trematode worms in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). The research team, involving two new PhD students, Stefano ...
- Bones hold the key to DNA virus history and epidemiology
- DNA in human skeletal remains represents an important historical source of host genomic information and potentially of infecting viruses. However, little is known about viral persistence in bone. We searched ca.
- Uncovering the sources of DNA found on the Turin Shroud
- To identify plant taxonomic entities and human genetic lineages, universal plant DNA sequences, including nuclear rDNA intergenic transcribed spacers (ITS) and chloroplast DNA (cpDNA) barcodes, and human mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) target regions ...
- Save the Parasites (Seriously)
- In the 1980s, conservationists ushered the planet's 22 last remaining Californian condors into captivity. They saved the birds, cared for them, fed them, and bred them.
- Link found between throat microbes and schizophrenia
- A link between the tiny organisms found in the throat and schizophrenia could lead to ways of identifying the causes and potential treatments of the neuropsychiatric disorder, according to new research. A man is holding his throat.
Schistosoma Taxonomy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Schistosoma Taxonomy books and related discussion.