A selection of articles related to scientific name.
Original articles from our library related to the Scientific Name. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Scientific Name.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 1:3...
New Testament >> Luke
Scientific Name is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scientific Name books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Four-letter (English Name) and Six-letter (Scientific Name) Alpha
- Species (and 97 Non-Species Taxa) sorted alphabetically by scientific name. Prepared by Peter Pyle and David F. DeSante.
- Common name Scientific name AmpHibiAnS African clawed frog
- Dermacentor albipictus. New World screwworm. Cochliomyia hominivorax.
- Canis lupus: the scientific name for the gray wolf.
- Canis lupus: the scientific name for the gray wolf. Canis lupus familiaris: the scientific name for the domestic dog. Canis rufus: the scientific name for the red wolf.
- Scientific Name Common Name Category Acalypha gracilens
- Scientific Name. Common Name. Category.
Suggested News Resources
- Extinct bumblebee to be reintroduced to Britain
- The rare insect, which is also known by its scientific name of Bombus subterraneus, has not been seen in the UK since 1988 when it was spotted in a meadow in Dungeness, Kent. The queens to be reintroduced have been imported from Sweden.
- Chemists create Alzheimer's-fighting extract in lab
- But the plant, whose scientific name is Huperzia serrata, is both slow-growing and overharvested, resulting in a price tag upwards of $1000 per milligram.
- Al Gore Compares Racist Statements to Statements Against Global Warming
- However, what they don't tell you is that a polar bear's scientific name actually translates to “maritime bear.” Polar bears enjoy swimming, and it is part of their natural activity to spend time swimming.
- DoH sees hope in 'tawa-tawa' as dengue cure
- By JENNY F. MANONGDO MANILA, Philippines — Department of Health (DoH) Secretary Enrique T.
- These 'little pigs' enjoy chance at living social
- Guinea pigs are not members of the pig family; the scientific name is Cavia porcellus Latin for "little pig." They were domesticated as early as 5000 BC by tribes in the Andean region of South America (where Peru, Bolivia and Columbia are today).
Suggested Web Resources
- Binomial nomenclature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- When used with a common name, the scientific name often follows in parentheses, although this varies with publication.
- Scientific name. Scientific names. ScientificName.net. Plant and
- Scientific name. Scientificname.net is here to help you learn more about scientific names and how they are used.
- Animal scientific names. Scientific names of animals. Latin names
- Learn the scientific name for animals. Animal scientific names.
- ADW: What is in a Scientific Name?
- Scientific names are also designed to tell you something about the animal's relationships with other animals.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Scientific Name Topics
Related searchesdream symbol bed
medal of honor appearance
guru succession and lineage parampara
the five orange pips
house of leaves yggdrasil