A selection of articles related to scientific name.
Original articles from our library related to the Scientific Name. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Scientific Name.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 1:3...
New Testament >> Luke
Scientific Name is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scientific Name books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- These are the silliest scientific names for real living things
- We are Homo sapiens because we are the sapiens species that belongs in the Homo genus along with Homo neaderthalensis, Homo erectus, and Homo floresiensis (a species we wrote about recently). Here are some of our favourite scientific names for ...
- Scores of Museum Specimens Carry a Name That Isn't Theirs
- A certain French rose by any other name may smell as sweet, but fragrance aside, its scientific name is Rosa gallica—and that's the name it should bear in botanical collections.
- Maria Sharapova: Star's confession 'could reduce punishment'
- "We give the scientific names of substances because different products around the world can be called by different names, so we give the scientific names of the particular substance that is banned," he told CNN.
- Facts About Vipers
- Vipers are a large family of snakes; the scientific name is Viperidae. They are found all over the world, with the exceptions of Antarctica, Australia, New Zealand, Madagascar, north of the Arctic Circle and island clusters such as Hawaii.
- The Secret Life of the Real Banksy, Robin Gunningham
- An article published in the Journal of Spatial Science now lends scientific weight to the Mail's claim. “The spatial locations of Banksy artworks in both London and Bristol are associated with sites linked to one prominent candidate.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.