A selection of articles related to scopes trial.
Original articles from our library related to the Scopes Trial. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Scopes Trial.
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: I Peter, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and...
New Testament >> I Peter
- Raising the World Mind (GM10-11)
- Part 1 | Part 2 Part 1 The wise live in accord with natural laws. It is they who understand that the laws of nature are much higher than the laws of man, because breaking them implies penalties far greater than a fine or prison sentence. When a person...
Mind >> World Mind
- King James Bible: I Peter, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; 4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts...
New Testament >> I Peter
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 2
- WORKING TO LIVE RATHER THAN LIVING TO WORK Before the dawn of recorded history, a major period of transition occurred. Nomadic hunter-gatherer clans transformed themselves into larger communities who farmed the land. This they did by planting their own...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
Scopes Trial is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scopes Trial books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Scopes Trial
- Scopes Trial (1925). Michael Hannon. Clarence Darrow's Most Famous Trial.
- The Scopes Trial
- The Scopes Trial. ''People, this is no circus. There are no monkeys up here.
- WILLIAM JENNINGS BRYAN AND THE SCOPES TRIAL: A
- culminating in the famous Scopes trial of July 10–21, 1925.5. Much of what has Bryan states this in his opening speech at the Scopes trial as well.
- The Scopes Trial: Individual Rights in a Majoritarian Society
- The Scopes Trial: Individual Rights in a Majoritarian Society. Downtown Dayton, Tennessee, 1925 (Smithsonian).
Suggested News Resources
- Back to the Beginning
- In the United States, the gulf between biological empiricism and biblical literalism has barely narrowed since the 1925 Scopes Trial, and there seems to be little hope of ever closing it.
- Risibility of the Planet of the Apes
- Darwin supporters soon turned the chimpanzee to their advantage, using the physical similarities between us and them as a cornerstone to prove evolutionary theory—they even tried to introduce one, resplendent in suit and bow tie, at the Scopes trial.
- Rick Perry And The Return Of Conservative Identity Politics
- A walking, talking threat to the separation of church and state who doesn't realize people like him were supposed to slink away after the Scopes trial nearly 90 years ago.
- Letter: Evolution is interesting theory lacking all answers
- The legitimacy of evolutionary theory has nothing whatsoever to do with the Scopes trial.
- French: We have too many federal crimes
- Attorney Clarence Darrow, of Scopes Trial fame, anticipated the prison nation that America has become in his book “Resist Not Evil” written over 100 years ago.
Suggested Web Resources
- Scopes Trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Scopes Trial—formally known as The State of Tennessee v.
- An introduction to the John Scopes (Monkey) Trial
- An introduction to the trial of State of Tennessee vs John Scopes.
- Scopes Trial Home Page - UMKC School of Law
- Apr 25, 2008 A site dedicated to the explication of the Scopes Monkey Trial.
- Evolution: Library: Scopes Trial
- The story of the Scopes trial is retold in this Paramount and Pathe News film " Greatest Headlines of the Century," produced in 1960.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Scopes Trial Topics
tesla turbine efficiency
vedic literature dictionary
lingua ignota the glossary