A selection of articles related to scopes trial.
Original articles from our library related to the Scopes Trial. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Scopes Trial.
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- What is Subliminal Influence?
- The term subliminal is technically archaic , though it is still in common use. The problem is that it is hopelessly bound to the concept of a well-defined sensory threshold, a concept made obsolete by the introduction of signal detection theory into...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- King James Bible: II Corinthians, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. 8:3 For...
New Testament >> II Corinthians
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- King James Bible: Hebrews, Chapter 11
- Chapter 11 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen...
New Testament >> To the Hebrews
Scopes Trial is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scopes Trial books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Scopes trial fills stage
- Actor David Keymer plays Matthew Harrison Brady during a dress rehearsal of “Inherit the Wind” at the Merced County Courthouse Museum on Saturday, Feb. 27, 2016. The production highlights the 1925 Scopes monkey trial.
- Grandfather denies police allegation he killed boy (VIDEO)
- Police obtained a warrant to search the property, and found two rifle scopes and a .22-caliber pistol inside the trailer, the affidavit said. Officers also found a .
- Top things to do in Tampa Bay for March 11
- Inherit the Wind: The great American drama of a science teacher put on trial for teaching evolution is loosely based on the Scopes Monkey Trial of 1925. Through March 27. 8 p.
- Religion, science collide in court in 'Inherit the Wind' at Stageworks
- The real case that the story is based on took place in 1925 when a 24-year-old high school teacher, John Scopes, in rural Dayton, Tennessee, agreed to help the American Civil Liberties Union challenge a state law that forbade the teaching of evolution.
- Boise High students use theater to foster understanding
- Boise High is one of 20 schools across the country doing a production of the play to mark the 90th anniversary of the Scopes trial.
Scopes Trial Topics
Related searchesh323 history
michael palin documentaries
two mules for sister sara story
williams county north dakota
zoning social criticisms