A selection of articles related to scopes trial.
Original articles from our library related to the Scopes Trial. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Scopes Trial.
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Remote Tampering: Declassified SRI Project
- An excerpt from "Perceptual Augmentation Techniques, Part One--Executive Summary" by Harold Puthoff and Russell Targ, SRI Project 3183, Final Report, Covering the Period January 1974 through February 1975. RECENTLY DECLASSIFIED BY THE CIA. "The...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychokinesis
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- What is Subliminal Influence?
- The term subliminal is technically archaic , though it is still in common use. The problem is that it is hopelessly bound to the concept of a well-defined sensory threshold, a concept made obsolete by the introduction of signal detection theory into...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- King James Bible: II Corinthians, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. 8:3 For...
New Testament >> II Corinthians
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
Scopes Trial is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scopes Trial books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Scopes Trial
- Scopes Trial (1925). Michael Hannon. Clarence Darrow's Most Famous Trial.
- The Scopes Trial
- The Scopes Trial. ''People, this is no circus. There are no monkeys up here.
- WILLIAM JENNINGS BRYAN AND THE SCOPES TRIAL: A
- culminating in the famous Scopes trial of July 10–21, 1925.5. Much of what has Bryan states this in his opening speech at the Scopes trial as well.
- The Scopes Trial: Individual Rights in a Majoritarian Society
- The Scopes Trial: Individual Rights in a Majoritarian Society. Downtown Dayton, Tennessee, 1925 (Smithsonian).
Suggested News Resources
- Back to the Beginning
- In the United States, the gulf between biological empiricism and biblical literalism has barely narrowed since the 1925 Scopes Trial, and there seems to be little hope of ever closing it.
- Risibility of the Planet of the Apes
- Darwin supporters soon turned the chimpanzee to their advantage, using the physical similarities between us and them as a cornerstone to prove evolutionary theory—they even tried to introduce one, resplendent in suit and bow tie, at the Scopes trial.
- Rick Perry And The Return Of Conservative Identity Politics
- A walking, talking threat to the separation of church and state who doesn't realize people like him were supposed to slink away after the Scopes trial nearly 90 years ago.
- Letter: Evolution is interesting theory lacking all answers
- The legitimacy of evolutionary theory has nothing whatsoever to do with the Scopes trial.
- French: We have too many federal crimes
- Attorney Clarence Darrow, of Scopes Trial fame, anticipated the prison nation that America has become in his book “Resist Not Evil” written over 100 years ago.
Suggested Web Resources
- Scopes Trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Scopes Trial—formally known as The State of Tennessee v.
- An introduction to the John Scopes (Monkey) Trial
- An introduction to the trial of State of Tennessee vs John Scopes.
- Scopes Trial Home Page - UMKC School of Law
- Apr 25, 2008 A site dedicated to the explication of the Scopes Monkey Trial.
- Evolution: Library: Scopes Trial
- The story of the Scopes trial is retold in this Paramount and Pathe News film " Greatest Headlines of the Century," produced in 1960.
Scopes Trial Topics
Related searchesxbox price history
cuisine of malaysia vegetables
ala dehydratase deficiency
wo shing wo
lundy lundy stamps
lakshmi in hindu mythology