A selection of articles related to scopes trial.
Original articles from our library related to the Scopes Trial. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Scopes Trial.
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Remote Tampering: Declassified SRI Project
- An excerpt from "Perceptual Augmentation Techniques, Part One--Executive Summary" by Harold Puthoff and Russell Targ, SRI Project 3183, Final Report, Covering the Period January 1974 through February 1975. RECENTLY DECLASSIFIED BY THE CIA. "The...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychokinesis
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- What is Subliminal Influence?
- The term subliminal is technically archaic , though it is still in common use. The problem is that it is hopelessly bound to the concept of a well-defined sensory threshold, a concept made obsolete by the introduction of signal detection theory into...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- King James Bible: II Corinthians, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. 8:3 For...
New Testament >> II Corinthians
Scopes Trial is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scopes Trial books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Scopes Trial
- Scopes Trial (1925). Michael Hannon. Clarence Darrow's Most Famous Trial.
- The Scopes Trial
- The Scopes Trial. ''People, this is no circus. There are no monkeys up here.
- WILLIAM JENNINGS BRYAN AND THE SCOPES TRIAL: A
- culminating in the famous Scopes trial of July 10–21, 1925.5. Much of what has Bryan states this in his opening speech at the Scopes trial as well.
- The Scopes Trial: Individual Rights in a Majoritarian Society
- The Scopes Trial: Individual Rights in a Majoritarian Society. Downtown Dayton, Tennessee, 1925 (Smithsonian).
Suggested News Resources
- Back to the Beginning
- In the United States, the gulf between biological empiricism and biblical literalism has barely narrowed since the 1925 Scopes Trial, and there seems to be little hope of ever closing it.
- Risibility of the Planet of the Apes
- Darwin supporters soon turned the chimpanzee to their advantage, using the physical similarities between us and them as a cornerstone to prove evolutionary theory—they even tried to introduce one, resplendent in suit and bow tie, at the Scopes trial.
- Rick Perry And The Return Of Conservative Identity Politics
- A walking, talking threat to the separation of church and state who doesn't realize people like him were supposed to slink away after the Scopes trial nearly 90 years ago.
- Letter: Evolution is interesting theory lacking all answers
- The legitimacy of evolutionary theory has nothing whatsoever to do with the Scopes trial.
- French: We have too many federal crimes
- Attorney Clarence Darrow, of Scopes Trial fame, anticipated the prison nation that America has become in his book “Resist Not Evil” written over 100 years ago.
Suggested Web Resources
- Scopes Trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Scopes Trial—formally known as The State of Tennessee v.
- An introduction to the John Scopes (Monkey) Trial
- An introduction to the trial of State of Tennessee vs John Scopes.
- Scopes Trial Home Page - UMKC School of Law
- Apr 25, 2008 A site dedicated to the explication of the Scopes Monkey Trial.
- Evolution: Library: Scopes Trial
- The story of the Scopes trial is retold in this Paramount and Pathe News film " Greatest Headlines of the Century," produced in 1960.
Scopes Trial Topics
Related searchescurrency circulating currencies
shift register uses
electrical engineering subfields
unsteadiness of gait