A selection of articles related to scurvy.
Original articles from our library related to the Scurvy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Scurvy.
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto the priests the sons of Aaron, and say unto them, There shall none be defiled for the dead among his people: 21:2 But for his kin, that is near unto him, that is, for his mother, and for his father, and...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 22:2 Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, that they separate themselves from the holy things of the children of Israel, and that they profane not my holy name in those things which they hallow unto me: I am...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
Scurvy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scurvy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- JAMES LIND AND THE CURE OF SCURVY: AN EXPERIMENTAL
- his publication A treatise of the scurvy (1753).1 The contents reveal his considerable of contemporary ideas regarding the origin, nature and cure of scurvy.
- Infantile Scurvy: A Historical Perspective
- of lemon juice to the sea voyagers, scurvy became rare at sea.
- Distr.: General. SCURVY and its prevention and control in major emergencies .
- James Lind: A Treatise of the Scurvy, 1753.
- On the 20th May, 1747, I took twelve patients in the scurvy on board the Salisbury at sea. Their cases were as similar as I could have them.
Suggested News Resources
- It wasn't all drowning and scurvy on those old sailing ships
- By Tom Garrett A few weeks ago we took a look at iron men, wooden ships, and multiple ways to die. But I had to leave out and I felt bad about it — the trips that made it without killing off half the passengers and crew.
- Drink This!
- Tyranena Scurvy beer: The beer world has almost run out of ways to make that most ubiquitous of styles — India pale ales — but credit Tyranena Brewing Co. with finding one of the few remaining novel methods: an IPA brewed with orange peel.
- Mac Deford: Politicians: Scurvy Then; Worse Now?
- by Thomas McAdams Deford Watching tragedy - whether Sophocles or Shakespeare - is, we are told, cathartic. Or, at the very least, it makes us realize that, after all, life could be worse.
- Home Burglars Steal Cremated Dog Remains
- The burglars also stole the cedar boxes containing the ashes of two other dogs, Lucy and T. by Bruce Felps Someone among your scurvy ranks pulled off a successful heist Thursday in East Dallas not far from Casa Linda Plaza.
- Dengue Fever in the Philippines By Mervyn Penny (Dipolog City)
- That condition is called “Subclinical Scurvy." Cure the underlying condition and you clear up the original complaint: in this case Dengue Fever. It is the “Subclinical Scurvy” that kills.
Suggested Web Resources
- Scurvy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Scurvy is a disease resulting from a deficiency of vitamin C, which is required for the synthesis of collagen in humans.
- The Danger of Scurvy
- Explains why teenagers are at risk, signs and symptoms, and why ascorbic acid is important. Includes pictures, history of the disease, and quotes from teens.
- Aug 8, 2011 Scurvy is a state of dietary deficiency of vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
- Scurvy: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
- Scurvy is a disease that occurs when you have a severe lack of vitamin C ( ascorbic acid) in your diet.
- What Is Scurvy? What Causes Scurvy?
- Jun 30, 2009 Scurvy is a condition where an individual has a vitamin C (ascorbic acid) deficiency.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheshanuman chalisa download
islam in india
african religions animism
dream interpretation umbrella
election characteristics of elections