- Scyros definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
- Cyclades), Scyros, Skopelos, and Kyra Panagia of the North- ern Sporades Archipelago, and Mytilene and Lemnos, belong- ing to the Asiatic part of the Aegean.
- Sample Entry “Achilles”
- King Lycomedes of Scyros. Thetis's plan to keep Achilles was hiding in Scyros. Disguised as a peddler, the wily.
- Epic Masculinity in Transition in the Achilleid Recent studies have
- Achilles among the maidens of Lycomedes' court on Scyros disguised as a girl.
- Eötvös Loránd University Faculty of Humanities PhD School of
- the Trojan War in women's clothes on the island of Scyros, trying to get close to the beautiful princess Deidamia.
- P.J. HESLIN. The Transvestite Achilles: Gender and Genre in Statius
- the episode of young Achilles on Scyros, the “draft-dodging cross- dresser” Scyros to comment on gender and heroism as innate or learned.
- Skyros - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Neoptolemus, son of Achilles, was from Skyros (or Scyros, as its name is sometimes transliterated), as told in the play by Sophocles, Philoctetes (line 239).
- Carlos León (scyros) on Twitter
- Carlos León (scyros) is on Twitter. Sign up for Twitter to follow Carlos León ( scyros) and get their latest updates.
- Scyros - definition of Scyros by the Free Online Dictionary
- I have heard nothing,' I answered, 'of Peleus, but I can tell you all about your son Neoptolemus, for I took him in my own ship from Scyros with the Achaeans.
- SCYROS - Online Information article about SCYROS
- SCYROS , a small rocky barren. See also: ISLAND (O.E.
- Why did Achilles Mother Send Him To the Island Of Scyros? - Yahoo
- To strengthen his feet.
Scyros is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Scyros books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.