A selection of articles related to sea goddess.
Original articles from our library related to the Sea Goddess. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sea Goddess.
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Goddess
- Although often depicted as a woman, she is none, and she is all of them. "I am every woman!" And every woman is the Goddess. She is the mystery of the life-giving and life-taking rhythm of nature, the great void and well of endless possibilities....
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
Sea Goddess is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sea Goddess books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Calling all princesses: Maine fest seeks goddess of the sea
- ROCKLAND – The temperature may be below freezing, but Maine lobster lovers are already thinking about crowning their summer goddess of the sea. The Maine Lobster Festival is taking applications for the 69th year of its Sea Goddess Pageant.
- Maine Sea Goddess Application Process Opens February 15
- Maine Lobster Festival's 69th annual Maine Sea Goddess Pageant will be open to young women who are single, a high school (or equivalent GED) graduate, not more than 21 years of age, and a Maine resident. The 2016 Sea Goddess Coronation will take ...
- '10 Cloverfield Lane' Review: A Nonsequel That Delivers
- Matt Reeves' 2008 angry-sea-beast extravaganza Cloverfield, produced by cerebral sci-fi impresario J.J. Abrams, pretended to examine how self-absorbed we are as a culture but got gobbled up by its own self-absorption.
- 13 "Cheesy" Romance Novels Even Serious Readers Will Love
- Ideal for serious readers of fantasy, The Lady of the Stormcenters on Cecily Sutton, a simple villager who just so happens to possess the ability to control storms and the sea, a power she refuses to use for fear of abusing it. ...
- Jennifer Aniston Dishes on Married Life: It's 'Not Much Different'
- On being married to Justin Theroux: “Married life is so normal and fun and not much different. We felt married for so long… I'm lucky because Justin is the funniest person I've met, and we make each other laugh.
Sea Goddess Topics
Related searchesbattle of potidaea
philippine mythology santelmo
the shawshank redemption
contract bridge historical origins
nelson hold half nelson