A selection of articles related to seagram building.
Original articles from our library related to the Seagram Building. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Seagram Building.
- Egyptian Temples, part IV: The Temple Building
- Model of the Universe From at least the New Kingdom on the Egyptian cult temple building was a symbolic model of the universe. It was built along an east-west axis, following the sun´s course through the day and surrounded by a brick wall built in alternating...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Building Shadows: A Witch
- A witch's Book of Shadows. That mysterious Grimoire that holds all the information a witch will ever need, a volume of all the spells ever written, the magic of the ages bound together with paper and ink…. Poppycock. It is not some ancient arcane book that...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Juice Fasting 1.01: Building Will
- Two of the biggest problems with any metaphysical pursuit are: 1. Lack of will power 2. Dietary caused low energy levels Will Power: Will power is quite different from 'personality strength'. Just because a person has great personality strength does not mean...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Development
- The word "Hypnosis" is derived form the Greek word "hypnos" meaning sleep, Although hypnosis is not sleep in fact quite the opposite. Hypnosis is a way of accessing the subconscious mind in a controlled and conscious way. There are many...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 4
- THE TRANSFORMATION OF CATERPILLAR TO BUTTERFLY It is not difficult to see that the whole Agenda behind owning a bigger home, a newer car and more land is one of ego. This is an orientation toward the building of an empire of material wealth, in a vain...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
Seagram Building is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Seagram Building books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Seagram Building
- Seagram Building. Structural Rationalism,. Mies van der Rohe, and the.
- LESSON FOUR: Exploring the Design Process IMAGE TWELVE
- Seagram Building, New York. 1954–58. View of north side.
- Richard Kelly Selected Works Pamphlet
- \i\ ' / 1 proiects including the Seagram Build-. \ . ing.
- a Collections Seagrams II
- AARCHITECTURE: THE SEAGRAM BUILDING.
Suggested News Resources
- Sculptural Surprises Grace the Streets
- Urs Fischer's “Untitled (Lamp/Bear)”(2005-6), at the Seagram Building on Park Avenue at 53rd Street, is deceptively cuddly. (It's made of cast bronze and weighs nearly 17 tons.
- Robert Fulford: Postmodern love?
- Outside the Seagram Building sits a child's stuffed plush bear with button eyes. But of course it's not plush, it's bronze. The bear weighs 17 tons, and rises seven metres.
- A NY feast for the eyes and the stomach
- But there were times when the potential of minimalism was gloriously realized, as in the stunning dining rooms of this landmark restaurant in Park Avenue's Seagram Building.
- Heights of Fancy
- A great architect like Ludwig Mies van der Rohe could, in something like the Seagram Building, reduce the design to a simple, virtually unembellished shaft and still elicit from it a poetry all its own.
- Red makes its WA debut
- Red is partly based on the true story of Mark Rothko, modernist artist and recipient of a lucrative commission to create a set of murals to hang in the Four Seasons restaurant in the Seagram Building in New York.
Suggested Web Resources
- Seagram Building - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Seagram Building is a skyscraper, located at 375 Park Avenue, between 52nd Street and 53rd Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
- The Midtown Book - The Seagram Building
- Essay with photographs on the Seagram Buidling on Park Avenue.
- Seagram Building - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe - Great Buildings
- Seagram Building by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe architect, at New York, New York, 1954 to 1958, in the Great Buildings Online.
- Seagram Building New York by Mies van der Rohe
- galinsky description, photographs and visiting information for Seagram Building, New York by Mies van der Rohe.
- New York Architecture Images- THE SEAGRAM BUILDING
- The fame of the Lever House in the 1950s was matched by the Seagram Building in the 1960s.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Seagram Building Topics
Related searcheslist of national leaders
bret hart personal life
bull terrier temperament
ernest mcculloch stem cells
dream dictionary beautiful