A selection of articles related to second chimurenga.
Original articles from our library related to the Second Chimurenga. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Second Chimurenga.
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- King James Bible: Hebrews, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. 9:2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the showbread; which is called the sanctuary. 9:3 And...
New Testament >> To the Hebrews
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- The Qabalah
- I've been reading Dion Fortunes book "The Mystical Qaballah". So far I've just begun reading about the second sphere, or Sephiroth. I've had some very interesting enlightenments.......Kether, is the first Sephiroth. This is a bit hard to explain,...
Magick >> Qabalah
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Second Chimurenga is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Second Chimurenga books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Review of Re-Living the Second Chimurenga - Memories from
- May 31, 2006 Re-Living the Second Chimurenga – Memories from Zimbabwe's Liberation Struggle. Fay Chung.
- Solomon Mutsvairo as A Historical Artist: The Interface of History and
- It also looks at these novels in relation to the events that preceded the second. Chimurenga in this country.
- Background to Land Reform in Zimbabwe The land question has
- War; the second Chimurenga/Imfazwe which gave birth to the independent Zimbabwe in.
- DLITT et PHIL (African Languages)
- Fay Chung's 'Re-living The Second Chimurenga: Memories from Zimbabwe's.
- Extract (PDF)
- Africa Company rule was first established. Land was a central grievance in the Second Chimurenga.
Suggested News Resources
- Zimbabwe: Mdc-T Should Embrace National Values, Ethos
- Ours is a country that was born out of protracted liberation struggles culminating in the Second Chimurenga War (1966-1979) that ushered in black majority rule.
- Mujuru survived house blaze before
- In her book 'Re-Living the Second Chimurenga: Memories from Zimbabwe's Liberation Struggle', former Education Minister Fay Chung recalls the moment a fire broke out at their hotel while attending the Geneva Conference in 1976.
- Zimbabwe: Heroes and Villains - Mixing Oil, Water
- In 1980 we got our deserved independence, after more than a decade of a war of attrition, dubbed the "Second Chimurenga", but the struggle to undo colonialism and its relations of imperialism and neo-colonialism is still ongoing. It is a process.
- The making of the fifth revolution in Zimbabwe
- This was the second chimurenga. The third chimurenga, most devastating and sensitive, but has strategically gone unacknowledged by Mugabe's ZANU PF!
Suggested Web Resources
- Re-living the Second Chimurenga: Memories from Zimbabwe's
- May 9, 2009 Re-living the Second Chimurenga: Memories from Zimbabwe's liberation struggle, by Fay Chung. Uppsala: Nordic Africa Institute, 2006.
Second Chimurenga Topics
Related searchesmeaning of dreams about stilts
bhikkus in buddhism
peter kropotkin books
camarines sur history