Second Continental Congress
A selection of articles related to second continental congress.
Original articles from our library related to the Second Continental Congress. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Second Continental Congress.
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Welcome to the Rune-of-the-Month Club! Ingwaz is the sixth rune of the third aett, and the twenty-second rune of the Elder Futhark as a whole. Its sound is that of the English “ng.” Like Thurisaz, it represents a sound written by two letters in the Roman...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Preparations for Sex Magick
- "Spectacular achievement is always preceded by spectacular preparation." Robert H. Schuller The first thing is being a good body with your body ! Human bodies are beautifully shaped and wondrously working temples of the soul; in sex magick the body...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Second Continental Congress is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Second Continental Congress books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Action of Second Continental Congress, July 4, 1776 The
- Action of Second Continental Congress, July 4, 1776. The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United.
- THE FIRST CONTINENTAL CONGRESS - 1774 CONVENED AS A
- THE FIRST CONTINENTAL CONGRESS - 1774. CONVENED AS A RESULT OF GOVERNMENT'S VIOLATIONS.
- The American Revolution: Second Continental Congress The Olive
- Background: John Dickinson drafted the Olive Branch Petition, which was adopted by the Second Continental.
Suggested News Resources
- Ah tolls, causing controversy in Rhode Island since the 1780s
- Before the Constitution was drafted, the 13 colonies operated under the Articles of Confederation, created by the Second Continental Congress.
- Founding Father (Of Vermont)
- Even after the battles at Lexington and Concord the preceding month, most delegates to the Second Continental Congress were not ready to cut America loose from Britain, continuing to express hope for reconciliation with the mother country.
- Love that Philly style
- Philadelphia grew quickly as an early colonial city and during the American Revolution it was the site where the First and Second Continental Congress met. Philadelphia was actually the temporary capital of the United States.
- Closing a Rural PO Can Be a KO Punch
- The United States postal system was created by the Second Continental Congress, which met in 1775, a year before the Declaration of Independence. Benjamin Franklin was appointed to be the first Postmaster General. Franklin adopted B.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Second Continental Congress
- The Second Continental Congress started on May 10, 1775.
- American Revolution: Second Continental Congress
- After the Battles of Lexington and Concord, a Second Continental Congress met. Colonists were still thinking about the two battles.
- Second Continental Congress
- Convened in May, 1775, in Philadelphia, the Second Continental Congress, more than the First, was starting to accept the possibility of independence.
- Second Continental Congress [ushistory.org]
- Second Continental Congress, f. Thomas Paine's Common Sense, g. The Declaration of Independence, 11.
Second Continental Congress Topics
Related searchesten most wanted fugitives
bossa nova structure
dream symbol ancient
hindu calendar nakshatra
dream symbol self-realization