A selection of articles related to secular humanist.
Original articles from our library related to the Secular Humanist. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Secular Humanist.
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Secular Humanist is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Secular Humanist books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Secular Humanist Fact Sheet
- 2 Corinthians 10:5. Colossians 2:1–8. KEY QUOTES: Secular Humanists.
- "The Philosophy of Humanism"
- Haye, and other right-wing religious fanatics of the Baptist faith.
- NOSHA Summer 2011 - New Orleans Secular Humanist Association
- May 21, 2011 New Orleans Secular Humanist Assoc. (a 501c3 corporation). 4314 Bancroft Drive.
Suggested News Resources
- Secular humanists on the real planet of the apes
- If the secular humanist creed lasts a millennium, it may well generate more manifestos than the pope has encyclicals. Kurtz's call for planetary humanism in 2000 is representative of this ramifying literature.
- Overheard on CNN.com: Christian beliefs and politics
- Liz the First "You so-called secular humanist 'Christians' are clearly self-proclaimed Christians in name only. You MAYBE warm a pew seat on Sunday but don't know your Bible from the NYT.
- Could Michele Bachmann be our first 'submissive' president?
- But you don't need to resort to the secular humanist's version of the Bible – aka Merriam-Webster's Third International Dictionary – to surgically separate the two words. You can leaf through the Bible itself. I don't pretend to be a biblical scholar.
- Al Gore to Rick Perry: Climate scientists aren't motivated by money
- BY Nick Karels on 08/26/2011 at 17:36 Ahh yesss, those greedy scientists pushing their godless secular humanist agenda for the untold riches of research grants.
Suggested Web Resources
- What Secular Humanists Believe - Beliefnet.com
- Central tenets of Secular Humanism, based on the questions in the Belief-O- Matic quiz.
- Secular Humanism
- Jan 22, 2011 10 Myths About Secular Humanism (1997) by Matt Cherry & Molleen Matsumura. Includes responses to claims like, "The U.S.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Secular Humanist Topics
dream interpretation tennis shoes
maurice ravel biography