A selection of articles related to secular.
Original articles from our library related to the Secular. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Secular.
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The next Sephirah is Tiphareth. It is represented by the Sixes, Wands:Victory, Cups:Joy, Swords:Earned Success, Pentacles:Material Success. The sixth path is called the Mediating Intelligence and serves to equilibriate the lower six Sephiroth leading down...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Secular is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Secular books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 30 Years in Science - Secular Movements in Knowledge Creation
- Secular Movements in Knowledge Creation. SUMMARY.
- Exploring the Post-Secular
- Exploring the Post-Secular. April 3-4, 2009. Yale University.
- SECULAR STOCK MARKETS EXPLAINED
- SECULAR STOCK MARKETS EXPLAINED. S&P 500 Index: 1900-2010. P/E R a tio.
- Reconciling Secular Government with Islamic Law
- Reconciling Secular Government with Islamic Law. Imad-ad-Dean Ahmad, Ph.D.
Suggested News Resources
- VIEW: The Jinnah debate —Yasser Latif Hamdani
- I addressed this argument in some detail in a paper titled 'Was Jinnah secular?' available online on the blogzine Pakteahouse.net as well as my article 'The importance of Jinnah' (Daily Times, August 15, 2011).
- 'Secular' Cong's leaders allege bias on communal lines
- JALANDHAR: Differences on communal lines are getting louder and wider within Congress.
- DOW: GOLD RATIO & THE SECULAR BEAR MARKET
- By Gold Scents, on August 23rd, 2011 in Technical Analysis As I have been warning investors for many months, stocks have now entered stage III of the secular bear market.
- Secular band The American Dollar wants big bucks from Lakewood Church
- Through a licensing agent, the secular songwriters unknowingly agreed to put their song behind a video made by the largest church in America.
- Secular humanists on the real planet of the apes
- The third and perhaps hardiest creed, now nearly a half-century old, is "secular humanism.
Suggested Web Resources
- Secularity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Secularity (adjective form secular) is the state of being separate from religion.
- Secular state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search.
- Secular | Define Secular at Dictionary.com
- Copy & paste this link to your blog or website to reference this page. Did you know:Scrabble is a fun game, but what is the not-so-fun definition of "to scrabble? ".
- secular - definition of secular by the Free Online Dictionary
- sec·u·lar (s k y -l r). adj. 1.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.