A selection of articles related to secular.
Original articles from our library related to the Secular. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Secular.
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
Secular is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Secular books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Secular Stagnation - VoxEU.org
- Secular Stagnation: Facts, Causes, and Cures. A VoxEU.org eBook edited by.
- Secular Stagnation, Hysteresis, and the Zero - Larry Summers
- U.S. Economic Prospects: Secular Stagnation, Hysteresis, and the.
- Recognizing Secular Christians - The Association of Religion Data
- Recognizing Secular Christians: Toward an. Unexcluded Middle in the Study of Religion. David Voas and Abby Day.
- secular bull & bear markets profile: 2015 - Crestmont Research
- Beg. End Beg. End.
Suggested News Resources
- Should all schools be secular?
- It's unusual to hear a Christian minister arguing against religious schools, but that's exactly what Reverend Bill Crews has called for in Australia.
- Secular Trends In Employment: Goods-Producing Vs Services-Providing
- The Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics has monthly data on employment by industry categories reaching back to 1939. At the highest level, all jobs are divided into two categories: Service-Providing Industries and Goods-Producing Industries.
- Gentex: Secular Shift Concerns Overstated, 30% Upside
- Current guidance forecasts high-single-digit revenue growth for the next two years, not indicative of a faltering business model. Margins are high and capex low - Gentex is a free cash flow machine.
- Tim Wildmon Says Secular Humanism And Progressivism Are Satanic
- Last year, American Family Association president Tim Wildmon spoke at a right-wing conference called "Messages for a Rebellious Nation," where he declared that secular humanism and progressivism are satanic. "Fundamentally, at its core, secular ...
- New thinking on religion and nation in a secular age
- While that master narrative emphasizes the role of secular Ukrainian intellectuals in the Russian Empire, Prof. Moser points out the formative roles of some Orthodox clerics.
Suggested Web Resources
- Secularity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Secularity (adjective form secular, from Latin saecularis meaning "worldly" or " temporal") is the state of being separate from religion, or of not being exclusively ...
- Secular | Define Secular at Dictionary.com
- of or relating to worldly things or to things that are not regarded as religious, spiritual, or sacred; temporal: secular interests. 2. not pertaining to or connected with ...
- Secular | Definition of Secular by Merriam-Webster
- not spiritual : of or relating to the physical world and not the spiritual world. : not religious. : of, relating to, or controlled by the government rather than by the ...
- Council for Secular Humanism
- North American organization advocating a non-religious life rooted in science, naturalistic philosophy, and humanist ethics. Includes directory of local groups.
- secular - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
- Secular things are not religious. Anything not affiliated with a church or faith can be called secular. Non-religious people can be called atheists or agnostics, but ...