A selection of articles related to seeing.
Original articles from our library related to the Seeing. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Seeing.
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- King James Bible: II Peter, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles...
New Testament >> II Peter
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Special form of clear/smokey qtz. Changes confusion/illusions to clarity, seeing truth, overview. Psychicness, openness to higher self/God/spirituality. Stimulates crown chakra/pineal to rise above situations, emotions. May initially intensify lower thoughts (...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
Seeing is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Seeing books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Knowing and Seeing - BuddhaNet
- Knowing and Seeing. Talks and Questions-and-Answers at a Meditation Retreat in Taiwan by Venerable Pa-Auk Sayadaw. Đ W.
- Knowing and Seeing
- Knowing and Seeing. (Revised Edition). Talks and Questions-and-Answers at a Meditation Retreat in Taiwan by.
- Seeing the Forest and the Trees
- Seeing the Forest and the Trees: Ecological Classification for. Conservation. The Nature Conservancy, Arlington, Virginia.
- Seeing 'REDD'?
- Seeing 'REDD': Forests, climate change mitigation and the rights of indigenous peoples. Updated version. Contents.
Suggested News Resources
- Seeing Irene as Harbinger of a Change in Climate
- “But the more urgent problem of our lemming-like march to the sea requires immediate and sustained attention.
- "Believing Is Seeing": Truth, lies and photographs
- The essays collected in Morris' new book, "Believing Is Seeing (Observations on the Mysteries of Photography)," have been adapted from those posts and handsomely mounted in an image-rich hardcover.
- Making Mom proud, seeing the positives
- By Jerry Sullivan Make Mom Proud? Count me in. I'm always willing to do my part for decency and civil behavior at Buffalo Bills home games.
- THORBURN: Seeing a brighter 2011 for Jon Embree's CU Buffs
- By Ryan Thorburn Camera Sports Writer Or perhaps I just spent too much time in the sun on the CU practice fields this August.
Suggested Web Resources
- Amazon.com: Seeing (9780156032735): Jose Saramago, Margaret
- Amazon.com: Seeing (9780156032735): Jose Saramago, Margaret Jull Costa: Books.
- seeing - definition of seeing by the Free Online Dictionary
- see·ing (s ng). conj. Inasmuch as; in view of the fact: Seeing that you're already at the door, I suppose I must invite you inside.
- The Exploratorium: seeing
- How much do we really know about how we see the world? Find out as our expanded SEEING collection makes its debut.