A selection of articles related to seeing.
Original articles from our library related to the Seeing. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Seeing.
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- King James Bible: II Peter, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles...
New Testament >> II Peter
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- How reliable are things remembered under hypnosis?
- This has often arisen as both a legal issue (as in the reliability oftestimony obtained during or after hypnotherapy) and also a social issue(regarding the use of hypnotherapy to establish evidence of early child abuse,for example). It is entirely true that...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- King James Bible: Hebrews, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed...
New Testament >> To the Hebrews
Seeing is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Seeing books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Knowing and Seeing - BuddhaNet
- Knowing and Seeing. Talks and Questions-and-Answers at a Meditation Retreat in Taiwan by Venerable Pa-Auk Sayadaw. Đ W.
- Knowing and Seeing
- Knowing and Seeing. (Revised Edition). Talks and Questions-and-Answers at a Meditation Retreat in Taiwan by.
- Seeing the Forest and the Trees
- Seeing the Forest and the Trees: Ecological Classification for. Conservation. The Nature Conservancy, Arlington, Virginia.
- Seeing 'REDD'?
- Seeing 'REDD': Forests, climate change mitigation and the rights of indigenous peoples. Updated version. Contents.
Suggested News Resources
- Seeing Irene as Harbinger of a Change in Climate
- “But the more urgent problem of our lemming-like march to the sea requires immediate and sustained attention.
- "Believing Is Seeing": Truth, lies and photographs
- The essays collected in Morris' new book, "Believing Is Seeing (Observations on the Mysteries of Photography)," have been adapted from those posts and handsomely mounted in an image-rich hardcover.
- Making Mom proud, seeing the positives
- By Jerry Sullivan Make Mom Proud? Count me in. I'm always willing to do my part for decency and civil behavior at Buffalo Bills home games.
- THORBURN: Seeing a brighter 2011 for Jon Embree's CU Buffs
- By Ryan Thorburn Camera Sports Writer Or perhaps I just spent too much time in the sun on the CU practice fields this August.
Suggested Web Resources
- Amazon.com: Seeing (9780156032735): Jose Saramago, Margaret
- Amazon.com: Seeing (9780156032735): Jose Saramago, Margaret Jull Costa: Books.
- seeing - definition of seeing by the Free Online Dictionary
- see·ing (s ng). conj. Inasmuch as; in view of the fact: Seeing that you're already at the door, I suppose I must invite you inside.
- The Exploratorium: seeing
- How much do we really know about how we see the world? Find out as our expanded SEEING collection makes its debut.