A selection of articles related to self control.
Original articles from our library related to the Self Control. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Self Control.
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 1
- Amazing things take root and grow, from the minds of the world. Human creations are much more far reaching than mere cities and nations. We are also creators of mental and spiritual manifestations , and these are of world changing scope! Humans are idea and...
Mind >> World Mind
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- Self Dedication - a Ritual for You
- Self Dedication Explained Initiation is a process of "death and rebirth" - the old self dies, and the new and magickal self is born. A rite of self-dedication marks a serious commitment and dedication to the path, and should not be taken lightly....
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- From Self-Doubt to Self-Assurance: The Inner Journey of The Fool
- Lack of self-confidence is an unseen enemy for many people. This foe keeps us from doing what we would love to do, from taking decisions that are good for us, and from expressing our uniqueness. Many men and women are flowers that never open up. I know what I...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 2
- When thoughts are replaced by silence in the mind, perception arises. It is a part of the modern condition wherein the mind of humanity is constantly overwhelmed, by a million considerations and thoughts. In acquiring silence, the mind is enabled to get out...
Mind >> World Mind
Self Control is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Self Control books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Teaching Young Children Self-Control Skills
- Self-control is an important skill for all children to learn.
- Making Choices Impairs Subsequent Self-Control
- sized that decision making depletes the same resource used for self-control and self-control (i.e.
- cise self-control to promote goal pursuit over indulging in temptation.
Suggested News Resources
- Washington Should Try a Little Prudent Self-Restraint
- By Richard Thaler AS implausible as it may seem, here is a statement that almost everyone in Washington can agree with: Congress has self-control problems. This may just be a sign of democracy. We elect those who share our frailties.
- You asked for it, Dr. Lala.
- In a recent article, called “Don't”, Jonah Lehrer discusses one of my favorite subjects: self control. 1) He relates the story of an experiment called the 'Marshmallow test'.
- The Will in the World
- (Remarkably, for example, self-control is a better predictor of students' college grades than IQ or SAT scores.
Suggested Web Resources
- SelfControl | Steve Lambert
- SelfControl is an OS X application which blocks access to incoming and/or outgoing mail servers and websites for a predetermined period of time.
- Download SelfControl for Mac - Block distracting websites for
- Download SelfControl for Mac - Block distracting websites for predetermined periods of time. MacUpdate.com.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.