A selection of articles related to self harm.
Original articles from our library related to the Self Harm. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Self Harm.
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 1
- Amazing things take root and grow, from the minds of the world. Human creations are much more far reaching than mere cities and nations. We are also creators of mental and spiritual manifestations , and these are of world changing scope! Humans are idea and...
Mind >> World Mind
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- Self Dedication - a Ritual for You
- Self Dedication Explained Initiation is a process of "death and rebirth" - the old self dies, and the new and magickal self is born. A rite of self-dedication marks a serious commitment and dedication to the path, and should not be taken lightly....
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- From Self-Doubt to Self-Assurance: The Inner Journey of The Fool
- Lack of self-confidence is an unseen enemy for many people. This foe keeps us from doing what we would love to do, from taking decisions that are good for us, and from expressing our uniqueness. Many men and women are flowers that never open up. I know what I...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 2
- When thoughts are replaced by silence in the mind, perception arises. It is a part of the modern condition wherein the mind of humanity is constantly overwhelmed, by a million considerations and thoughts. In acquiring silence, the mind is enabled to get out...
Mind >> World Mind
Self Harm is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Self Harm books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Self-Injury: Understanding and Responding to People Who Live with
- turn to self-injury, and describe what best supports people in healing from the need for. SIV.
Suggested News Resources
- Call for new focus in self-harm policies
- Australian women are far more likely to attempt suicide than men but the violent methods men use to take their own lives means their suicide rate is three times higher.
- CRUN focuses on self harm issues
- CAUSEWAY Rural and Urban Network wants to raise awareness of the links between self harm and alcohol abuse in the area.
- Self-harm surge at Australian refugee centres
- SYDNEY — Australia's immigration system and its detainees are under considerable strain, documents showed Wednesday, with self-harm reports surging 12-fold as waiting times soar.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Has Presented New Findings on the
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), a previously placebo-controlled trial demonstrated that 2 grams of omega-3 fatty acids per day reduced depression and anxiety scores among individuals with recurrent self-harm, by 45%.
- Market turmoil and the economics of self-harm
- Global markets in turmoil: a slightly better than expected US jobs report caused only a temporary rally, as financial markets continued to slide on Friday.
Suggested Web Resources
- Cutting and Self-Harm: Self-Injury Help, Support, and Treatment
- Do you want to stop hurting yourself or help a loved one who self-harms? Learn the facts about self-injury and cutting and what you can do to overcome it.
- Cutting & Self-Harm: Warning Signs and Treatment
- Cutting can be a parent's worst nightmare which often comes by surprise.
- Self-injury/cutting - MayoClinic.com
- Self-injury/cutting — Comprehensive overview covers signs, risk factors and treatment.