A selection of articles related to semimajor axis.
Original articles from our library related to the Semimajor Axis. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Semimajor Axis.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part IV: The Temple Building
- Model of the Universe From at least the New Kingdom on the Egyptian cult temple building was a symbolic model of the universe. It was built along an east-west axis, following the sun´s course through the day and surrounded by a brick wall built in alternating...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Living Tradition of Thelema
- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. What Crowley began, others must continue and develop or Thelema will become but a memory in the history of the Western Mystery Tradition. Yes, he was a Prophet and the Ipsissimus that one could say invented...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
Semimajor Axis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Semimajor Axis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Kuiper Belt objects point the way to Planet 9
- After examining the orbital periods of these six KBOs – Sedna, 2010 GB174, 2004 VN112, 2012 VP113, and 2013 GP136 – they concluded that a hypothetical planet with an orbital period of about 17,117 years (or a semimajor axis of about 665 AU), would ...
- Researchers home in on likely whereabouts of Planet Nine
- Using numerical simulations, the two scientists determined the possible orbit of this planet.
- Cooking with Cam: Best Burger Quest
- Use your spatula to squish down the patty into an elliptical-prism with a height much less than the semi-major axis. Put a lid on top of your pan/oven so that the top of the patty cooks a bit as well. After a few minutes, flip the patty.
- Image processing methods to elucidate spatial characteristics of retinal
- where a and b represents the semi-major and semi-minor axis, respectively. (Xc, Yc) represents the center of the ellipse, φ is the angle between the horizontal direction and the major axis of the ellipse.
- HD219134b: A transiting rocky planet in a multi-planet system at 6.5 pc from
- The inner planet orbits the star in 3.0937 +/-0.0004 days, on a quasi-circular orbit with a semi-major axis of 0.
Semimajor Axis Topics
Related searchesfamine famine in europe