- Fun with Words
- One term in recreational linguistics is emordnilap. (You probably see the origin!) But I find the plural emordnilapsunsatisfying, don't you?
- Palindromes Semordnilap
- A palindrome is a word or phrase that is the same forwards and backwards, but a semordnilap ("palindromes" backwards) is a word that becomes a different word when read backwards. Get it, smug gums? Heard in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt ...
- Palindromes, anagrams, and 9 other names for alphabetical antics
- A word or name that spells a different word backwards (notice what semordnilap spells backwards). Semordnilaps (coined by Martin Gardner in 1961) are also known as backronyms, volvograms, heteropalindromes, semi-palindromes, half-palindromes, ...
- Bomb may have caused Russian plane crash in Egypt, say US and UK officials
- The British government has suspended all flights between the UK and the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh after US and UK officials said they believe the Russian plane that crashed over the Sinai peninsula may have been brought down by an explosive ...
- 'Oy' to the world! New sculpture speaks from Brooklyn Bridge Park
- After a friend pointed out it was a semordnilap — a word that spells a different word when read in reverse — she added a series of paintings and prints that read “YO.
Semordnilap is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Semordnilap books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheslist of polymaths contemporary
niki de saint phalle nanas
fuolornis fire dragon
feng shui and names
dmx rapper criminal history