A selection of articles related to sentience.
Original articles from our library related to the Sentience. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sentience.
- Transforming World Mind Inertia (GM7)
- Our entire world society is ultimately governed by the components of consciousness, not governments, corporations or institutions. Regardless of the apparent creativity of the architectural sciences, engineering or the ideologies we create, the true...
Mind >> World Mind
- The Rose
- In the beginning, was simplicity. There was no rationalization, the precious gift of humanity which tears things down into self contained bits in order to make sense of things, only to find that our mental dissection has rendered experience senseless. There...
Poetry & Fable >> Fables
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Sentience is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sentience books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Theory of Sentience
- A Theory of Sentience. Austen Clark. Oxford University Press.
- STOP – LOOK – LISTEN RECOGNISING THE SENTIENCE OF
- to Dawkins: the Science and Implications of Animal Sentience, on the growing Trade: the Challenge of Animal Sentience, edited by J. Turner and J.
- Remembrance: The Unbearable Sentience of Being Digital
- Remembrance: The Unbearable Sentience of Being Digital. Ragib Hasan. Department of Computer.
Suggested News Resources
- Law of the land
- According to one of Australia's great law reformers, recognising the sentience of farm animals is a reform which must occur. MICHAEL KIRBY, FORMER HIGH COURT JUDGE: Animals are sentient beings.
- Kidney needs a miracle to avoid complete disaster
- They have this amazing facility to go from sentience to insanity in a trice. They had this ability yesterday to undo reasonably good approach work in one moment of carelessness.
- Mike Argento: Animals are sheeple, too
- They don't complain about having to pay for supplies for their students out of their pockets or that the lawnmower dates to the Eisenhower administration or that the mystery meat has achieved sentience and has stolen the milk money.
- "Are We Not (as Good as) Men?"
- When SF posits sentient mammal-like aliens, it usually opts for predators high in human totem poles (Anderson's eagle-like Ythrians, Cherryh's leonine Hani).
- Beware the Algore Aliens!
- While non-sentient species (animal or otherwise) may also appear to act in their own self-interest, it is inappropriate to attribute intent to them because intent is presumably a property of sentience.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sentience - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sentience is the ability to feel, perceive or be conscious, or to have subjective experiences.
- sentience - definition of sentience by the Free Online Dictionary
- sen·tience (s n sh ns, -sh - ns). n. 1.
- Sentience | Define Sentience at Dictionary.com
- Sentience definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation , synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
- Sentience - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- sen·tience. noun \ˈsen(t)-sh(ē-)ən(t)s, ˈsen-tē-ən(t)s\. Definition of SENTIENCE.
- Kevin Yank (@sentience) on Twitter
- Sign up for Twitter to follow Kevin Yank (@sentience). Chief Instructor at learnable.com, improviser with Impro Melbourne, general know-it-all.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbalham tube station
ren descartes mathematical legacy
half-life 2 model viewer
x window system history