A selection of articles related to serpent.
Original articles from our library related to the Serpent. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Serpent.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 21:2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. 12:3 And...
New Testament >> Revelation
- The twins Artemis and Apollo
- The story of the twin gods Artemis and Apollo was filled with intrigue and deception. Their conception was controversial in itself
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Serpent is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Serpent books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Film Review: Embrace of the Serpent
- Ciro Guerra's Embrace of the Serpent ostensibly takes place in the heart of Amazonia, a region sustained both spiritually and physically by the snaking river at its heart.
- 'Iron Fist' Is Casting A Whole Mess Of New Characters, Including Colleen Wing
- A powerful businesswoman, Joy initially blamed Iron Fist for her father's death, teaming up Steel Serpent to exact revenge. In recent years she's gotten over all that, and has had some romantic involvement with Iron Fist. Character Name: WALTER.
- SNEAK PREVIEW: '10 Cloverfield Lane,' 'Embrace of the Serpent,' 'Knight of Cups'
- EMBRACE OF THE SERPENT. Ciro Guerra's Oscar-nominated drama tells the heart-breaking story of the white man's destruction of the Amazon rain forest and its inhabitants. TRAPPED.
- Movie review: 'Embrace of the Serpent'
- The Colombian feature Embrace of the Serpent is in varying parts an anticolonial screed, an exploration of the “noble savage” concept and a mystical trip down the river into self-knowledge.
- Embrace of the Serpent director Ciro Guerra on new ways to be human
- Global corporate capitalism is terminal, and its rational-materialist foundation is wheezing to death with it. Enter Embrace of the Serpent, a head movie with an unequivocal message for the developed world.
Suggested Web Resources
- Serpent (symbolism) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The serpent, or snake, is one of the oldest and most widespread mythological symbols. The word is derived from Latin serpens, a crawling animal or snake.
- Serpent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Serpent is a synonym for snake. Serpent or The Serpent may also refer to: Contents. [hide].
- Serpent Model Racing Cars - Home
- Serpent Model Racing Cars is one the leading manufacturers of RC radio controlled model-cars for competition purposes.
- Serpent | Define Serpent at Dictionary.com
- She believed that both the smoke and fire were caused by the serpent. Welsh Folk-Lore Elias Owen. No one but Achang had ever seen such a serpent, even in ...
- Serpent | Definition of Serpent by Merriam-Webster
- 1a archaic : a noxious creature that creeps, hisses, or stingsb : snake. 2 : devil 1. 3 : a treacherous person.