A selection of articles related to seshat.
Original articles from our library related to the Seshat. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Seshat.
- Goddess of writing and measurer of time, referred to as "she who is foremost in the house of books". She measured time and helped Pharaoh with laying out the ground plan of a new temple with a measuring cord, therefore she was also the "Lady of...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
Seshat is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Seshat books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Angry Black Girl: Radical Women of Color!' showcase at The Riverwest Public House
- I don't know if you are aware, but the women in the Milwaukee hip hop scene are seriously making noise and have been for some time now.
- Increasing Education Opportunities For Minorities In STEM
- I now work together with Sacred SISTAHS' president Dr. Tonia Causey-Bush and board member Ivonov McLeod, as well as McLeod's daughter, Akua, to organize and run a yearly event, The Sacred Sistahs, Inc. SESHAT (Seeking Excellence in Science, ...
- DC Entrepreneur Teaches Creative Tech Skills to Small Business Owners
- Seshat Walker uses tech savvy creativity to help budding entrepreneurs, “especially people who look like me and people who are underserved,” she told the AFRO, Sept. 14. In 2005, Walker founded The General Store, a D.
- Tennant Way paving, closures starting earlier than planned
- Eastbound Tennant Way will be closed between Seventh and 15th avenues Tuesday night from 7 p.m. to 7 a.
- Can Egyptians unite around their ancient history?
- While many ordinary women in ancient Egypt could read and write, and while the Goddess of writing is the female scribe Seshat, 33.6% of modern Egyptian women now are illiterate. While there were female pharaohs and powerful vizier – the right hand of ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesdouble negative ancient greek
animal testing types of experiment
hitlers political beliefs mein kampf
monarch butterfly protection
diode types of semiconductor diode