Seven Deadly Sins
A selection of articles related to seven deadly sins.
Original articles from our library related to the Seven Deadly Sins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Seven Deadly Sins.
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- According to the writings of the monk, the seven sins were: gastrimargia; porneia; philargyria; lupē: orgē; akedia; kenodoxia; and hyperephania which when translated to Latin for Roman Catholicism are as follows:
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the...
New Testament >> Revelation
- The Seven Shaman Principles
- The World is What You Think It Is Positive thoughts attract positive people and events, and negative thoughts attract negative people and events. Corollary: Everything is a dream Dreams are real and reality is a dream. The only test we use for a reality check...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 23:3 Six days shall work be done:...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And Balaam said unto Balak, Build me here seven altars, and prepare me here seven oxen and seven rams. 23:2 And Balak did as Balaam had spoken; and Balak and Balaam offered on every altar a bullock and a ram. 23:3 And Balaam said unto Balak,...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- The Perpetual Raising: Part 4
- (Part 4 of 5) We are in the midst of a new age…a turning point in human consciousness. Spiritual realization is taking the place of materialism, as the most cherished goal in life. We can see that competition is only a tiny fraction as productive as...
Mind >> World Mind
Seven Deadly Sins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Seven Deadly Sins books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Virginia Poet Laureate Ron Smith Discusses the Seven Deadly Sins
- From that plate, I have always remembered the seven deadly sins. And after re-reading "The Inferno," I realize I have a dim prospect for the afterlife. It's rough stuff.
- Sculptures of seven deadly sins give impetus to Lenten reflection
- In an area under the altar, there are sculptures conveying the seven deadly sins: pride, envy, gluttony, lust, anger, greed and sloth. A purple cloth supplies the backdrop for the striking arrangement that provides plenty to ponder.
- Pension freedom: The seven deadly sins
- The impending one-year anniversary of pension freedom is an opportune moment to take a step back and look at some of the behaviour they have resulted in. The freedoms were undoubtedly a progressive development - giving people choice and control ...