A selection of articles related to shabbat.
Original articles from our library related to the Shabbat. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shabbat.
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
Shabbat is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shabbat books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Shabbat Checklist
- סב. "ד. Pre-Shabbat Checklist.
- months. 2.
- Observing Shabbat at Home
- Keeping Shabbat is understood as an obligation to observe Shabbat, and remembering Shabbat is associated with preparing for it.
- Shabbat home web
- 1. \wlc tbc tyb \wlc. Peace of the Home.
Suggested News Resources
- Local Hillel offers free Shabbat dinners
- St. Louis Hillel at Washington University will offer free Shabbat dinners for graduate and undergraduate students, starting Friday. This is the first time Hillel has regularly offered Shabbat dinners for free.
- Hosting a Sustainable Shabbat Dinner
- If sustainability is about meeting the needs of today without compromising the needs of future generations, Shabbat is a great place to start practicing this for ourselves—and for the world.
- Shabbat Meals: Grilled Fish Kebabs for a Summer Shabbat
- Shabbat dinner — the one sacrosanct observance in our family — remains, though, the food has adapted to each shift in our family. When I was little, our Shabbat table was filled with singing and numerous sets of Shabbat candles.
- Temple Ner Tamid events
- The community is invited to attend Temple Ner Tamid's last "Shabbat in the Summer" on Friday, Sept. 2 at 6:30 pm Welcome Shabbat with song and prayer as congregants Helene Richman and her daughter, Sara Davidow, lead services.
- Family Shabbat services at Temple Sholom
- 9 -- Go Bananas at the Tot Shabbat service with Rabbi Peter Rigler, our favorite puppet Menschy monkey and Preschool Director, Liz Sussman. Family Shabbat service lead by Rabbi Peter Rigler and Cantor Kerith Shapiro.
Suggested Web Resources
- Shabbat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Shabbat is the seventh day of the Jewish week and a day of rest in Judaism.
- Judaism 101: Shabbat
- Learn about the Jewish sabbath and its observances. Includes a description of a typical sabbath and a recipe for cholent, a traditional Jewish sabbath dish.
- The Sabbath (or Shabbat, as it is called in Hebrew) is one of the best known and least understood of all Jewish observances.
- Shabbat.com - the new Jewish Social Network helping connect
- Shabbat.com: the new Jewish Social Network helping connect Jewish people from around the world.
- The Jewish Sabbath: laws, songs, recipes and candle lightning time.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheslist of famous tanzanians
tortoise partial species list
verse-chorus form simple verse form
animal reproduction and development