A selection of articles related to shamans.
Original articles from our library related to the Shamans. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shamans.
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- What is Shamanic Healing?
- “Shamans heals themselves. By working through their pain, they learn to help others." -Wounded Healin' "But the primitive magician, the medicine man, or the shaman is not only a sick man; he is, above all, a sick man who has been cured, who has...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- History of Magick
- I. Early Magick One tradition holds that Witchcraft began more than 35 thousand years ago, when the last great sheets ice began their journey across Europe. Legend holds that small groups of hunters followed the free-running game and bison across the tundra....
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Shamanic Death
- What is a Shaman’s death, and who’s likely to have one? The death itself is a suspension between worlds. States of consciousness. The individual today, who is likely to have a "Shamanic Death" is chasing extinction itself. Through that process the...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Shamans is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shamans books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Shamans in Asia
- IIAS Newsletter | #34 | July 2004. 32. > Publications.
- While shamans are not required to take the.
- The Shaman's Journey
- back to table of contents • 2. T he Shaman. 's.
- THE SHAMAN'S BODY: A New Shamanism for Transforming Health
- that are linked to dreams and the environment, to what I call the shaman's body.
Suggested News Resources
- TV adventurer Bruce Parry robbed in Colombia
- Parry, presenter of BBC shows such as Amazon and Tribe, is continuing with the documentary about his search for shamans and wise men. After the attack, he posted on Twitter: “Just been knife-mugged in Colombian city.
- Rise of the shamans
- The sound of drumbeats reverberates in the small conference room as the shaman goes into a trance.
- Houston Shamanism Meetup this Saturday: Why practice as a group?
- Houston Shamanism Meetup gathers again this Saturday, August 13, for the second monthly Meetup in their new location, the Carmel Temple Annex building at 1708 Pennsylvania in South Houston. The group meets on the second Saturday each month at 6 pm.
- The Shamans Among Us: A World in Perpetual Conflict
- The villagers went to the village shaman (read economist) and asked for help. He told them to set up a fishermen's cooperative which would decide how much fish each man could catch in a month until he fish stock is replenished.
Suggested Web Resources
- Shamanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Shamanism is an anthropological term referencing a range of beliefs and practices regarding communication with the spiritual world.
- Shaman - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
- Apr 7, 2010 New Class Icon The shaman is a hybrid class and depending on how players choose to customize their c.
- A general overview of shamanism plus newsgroup FAQs. Includes information on ayahuasca and other shamanic hallucinogens.
Related searchesgurkha contingent uniforms
pleistocene megafauna hunting
literary name for china
courts of scotland house of lords
gag bdsm bandit gag