A selection of articles related to shamash.
Original articles from our library related to the Shamash. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shamash.
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
Shamash is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shamash books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Girlhood, Interrupted
- Cynthia Kaplan Shamash was a child refugee in 1972, when her family—among Iraq's last Jews—tried to flee their homeland. Their first attempt was thwarted, and the family landed in jail.
- It Is the Intent That Matters
- Some time later, the shamash arrived in shul to finish preparing it for Shabbos. He was puzzled by the fresh challos he found, but he decided to take them home and enjoy them on Shabbos. When the former Marrano returned to shul, he peered into the aron ...
- The Anonymous Donation
- But the purchaser, who was determined to remain anonymous, instructed the shamash to honor the Rav of the city and the head of the yeshivah — the Maharsha — with placing the cornerstone, and the locals remained clueless as to who the mysterious ...
- UAE rebuilding region's sun temple, brick by brick
- UAE restores only Sun Temple in Arabian Peninsula. Archaeologists have completed the first phase of restoration works at the site of the only sun temple in Umm Al Quwain.
- This Day in History – 24 Adar I/March 4
- How did the shamash merit such descendants? When the townspeople of Belz wanted to dismiss the Bach from his Rabbanus, they handed a ksav to the shamash to deliver to him. But the shamash delayed the delivery of the note until after Shabbos in order ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.