- Poetry of resistance
- While the Shambuka poem was rendered in over 10 Indian and foreign languages and read out in protest demonstrations in New Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad, several other poems of his – looking at subaltern characters in Indian mythology from a Dalit ...
- Thinking Allowed: Lord Ram, the litigant
- Well Ram found Shambuka and as soon as the ascetic, in his upside down yogic posture, had exclaimed happiness at seeing Ram and told him that he was doing all this to get a place in heaven though he was born a shudra, Ram swiftly cut Shambuka's ...
- Rohith Vemula and the holy cow
- Cases are registered, but killers and violators mostly escape punishment like Rama escaped the consequences of killing Shambuka.
- Really, home minister?
- This is the killing of Shambuka because he, a Shudra, had dared to perform the rituals of penance reserved only for the twice born, resulting in misfortune to the land and the death of the young son of a Brahmin.
Shambuka is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shambuka books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesrankit rankit plot
eleven secret herbs and spices
university of bradford students union
dream symbol relaxation
meaning of yoga