- California Proposal to Let Uber Drivers, Other Sharing Economy Workers, Unionize
- As I wrote in a 2014 column, these ridesharing applications actually destroy a sharecropping-like system that exists now. In post-Civil-War America, newly freed slaves worked the land—and paid a large share of the crops to the land owners.
- “An outburst of emotions black America can relate to”: Kendrick Lamar's newest
- Historically, slavery, sharecropping and race-based exclusion from health, educational, social and economic resources have caused an onslaught of mental health problems within the African-American community. Unfortunately, we've yet to begin to address ...
- Kingdom to Trialdom: Brazil's Ex-President Lula Arrest Sought, Linked to
- Brazilian ex-President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva faces charges of money laundering for failing to declare luxurious assets, linking him directly to the expansive Petrobras scandal.
- Letter: Wind turbines and the planting season
- Some were lucky to have their own land and equipment to farm and some relied on renting, leasing or share cropping.
- Hairston chronicles journey to greatness in midst of blindness
- Born to sharecropping parents and raised on a southern plantation, Hairston recalled that she suffered disappointments that caused low self-confidence and self-esteem. As a youth, she noticed her eyesight was slowly deteriorating; however she kept it a ...
Sharecropping is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sharecropping books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesphilippine daily inquirer history
yal gre famous wrestlers pehlivans
the times of india history
geography of ghana rivers and lakes
rites in hinduism