Shark Fin Soup Controversy
A selection of articles related to shark fin soup controversy.
Original articles from our library related to the Shark Fin Soup Controversy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shark Fin Soup Controversy.
- What is Subliminal Influence?
- The term subliminal is technically archaic , though it is still in common use. The problem is that it is hopelessly bound to the concept of a well-defined sensory threshold, a concept made obsolete by the introduction of signal detection theory into...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- Why are some experts skeptical about subliminal influence?
- There was once a legitimate scientific controversy over whether subliminal perception really occurs or not. The question was whether someone can perceive something unconsciously. All kinds of experiments were performed to try to prove that we were...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- All One People
- Standing in their Circle, a group of people reverently turn to face and address the four directions. They call to their Great Mother and Great Father, giving thanks for their many gifts. The Circle is blessed with sweet smoke from sacred herbs and becomes a...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The healing heat of Ginger
- My first amazing experience with the healing power of Ginger was during a fasting week I assisted as a student. A bit nervous I applied slices of fresh cut Ginger on the lower back area of my teacher-naturopath, since she was suffering from back-ache since...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
- King James Bible: I Timothy, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3:3 Not given to wine,...
New Testament >> I Timothy
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 17
- Chapter 17 17:1 Thou shalt not sacrifice unto the LORD thy God any bullock, or sheep, wherein is blemish, or any evilfavouredness: for that is an abomination unto the LORD thy God. 17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
Shark Fin Soup Controversy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shark Fin Soup Controversy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The dangerous allure of shark-fin soup and the grassroots
- Oct 25, 2010 Shark-fin soup is traditional at such banquets. Failure to serve it . The demand, and controversy, around shark fin soup.
- Two Million Square Mile Shark Sanctuary Established in the
- Aug 2, 2011 sharks are harvested each year to quench the demand for shark fin soup. does realize that the practice of shark finning is controversial.
- European shark fisheries:
- Fisheries involved in the removal of shark fins on board vessels. ... shark, instead of just the high value lower caudal lobe that is used in shark fin soup, as ..
- 1 Pairing a Traditional Cantonese Banquet with Western Wines
- expensive dishes on the Chinese menu such as Shark's Fin Soup and .
Suggested News Resources
- Preventing bycatch shark loss
- For years, the shark fin soup controversy has failed to make an impression on those who see the consumption of one small part of a fish as a delicacy.
Suggested Web Resources
- Shark fin soup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- There is controversy over the practice of shark finning. Consumption of shark fin soup has risen dramatically with the middle class becoming more affluent.
- Shark fin soup alters an ecosystem - CNN
- Dec 10, 2008 There is no animal on earth more vilified than the shark.
- Paul Fong, Leland Yee: Shark Fins in a Soup of Cultural
- Feb 15, 2011 It's like clockwork.
- Extinction in a Bowl of Shark-Fin Soup - TIME
- Aug 9, 2010 Shark-fin soup is eaten at weddings and other celebrations across Asia.
- Hong Kong Disneyland shark fin soup controversy | Hong Kong
- [color=#FF6600]After around a month of wrangling, Disney has at last agreed not to offer shark fin soup at Hong Kong Disneyland.