- On This Day - Mar 11 1978: Soccer striker Didier Drogba is born
- Ajantha Mendis (cricket) - Sri Lanka bowler, born 1985. Nigel Adkins (soccer) - Sheffield United manager, formerly in charge at Reading and Southampton, born 1965. Fabio Coentrao (soccer) - Monaco and Portugal full-back, born 1988.
- Sheffield Blitz: 75 fascinating facts
- 1 The two air raids that devastated Sheffield were on Thursday, December 12 and Sunday December 15, 1940. Blitzkrieg means Lightning War. 2 The London Blitz started in September 1940 and Hitler's intention was to sap the morale of the nation.
- Sheffield Blitz: The day the Luftwaffe bombed the city
- They were victims of the Sheffield Blitz – a savage Luftwaffe attack that killed 668 civilians and 25 servicemen, injured more than 1,500 others and left a tenth of the city's population homeless.
- VIDEO: Residents step back in time at Sheffield Blitz event
- Members of the public are being encouraged to 'black out' at 7.
- VIDEO: Air raid sirens signal Sheffield Blitz commemoration
- World War Two air raid sirens rang out across the city of Sheffield last night (Saturday December 12th) to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Blitz.
Sheffield Blitz is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sheffield Blitz books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Sheffield Blitz Topics
Related searchesarahath mahinda thero
new zealand colonisation
paul andrew mitchell
new coke coke ii