- MainJudaismWomen rabbis? When in doubt, be guided by Mesorah
- So too in the Igeret (Manuscript) of Rav Sherira Gaon. Mesorah is the essential ingredient that makes Jewish, Jewish.
- Jugglers, Acrobats, a Magnificent Temple—and Notably No Political Strife
- According to the French statesman Talleyrand, people born after the French Revolution will never know the real sweetness of life.
- Q & A: 'The Scepter Shall Not Depart From Judah' – Redux (Part IV)
- Question: The famous Iggeret of Rav Sherira Gaon references Yerushalmi Kilaim 9:3 and Kesubos 12:3 and states that Rabbi Judah the Prince descended from Hillel who, in turn, descended from the tribe of Binyamin – not Yehudah. The Iggeret also ...
- Birth of a Nation
- The Rashb”a (Rabbi Shlomo ben Aderet, Spain, 1235–1310) in his commentary here cites Rabbi Hai Gaon (Hai bar Sherira Gaon, Babylon, 939-1038), who explains that only these were important enough to be called the fathers of all Israel and the mothers ...
- HomeDo We Have Lag B'Omer All Wrong?
- In the tenth century, Rav Sherira HaGaon, the leader of the Babylonian Talmudic Academy of Pumbedita, explained that the students did not die in a plague, but in a “shamda,” a government-sponsored persecution. Shamda appears in the Spanish versions of ...
Sherira Gaon is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sherira Gaon books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Sherira Gaon Topics
Related searcheschicago l expansion plans
inmarsat inmarsat-3 satellites
99 bottles of beer computer program
dude wheres my car sequel