Shim Pua Marriage
A selection of articles related to shim pua marriage.
Original articles from our library related to the Shim Pua Marriage. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Shim Pua Marriage.
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and...
New Testament >> Matthew
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore,...
New Testament >> Revelation
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Shim Pua Marriage is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Shim Pua Marriage books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The role of sexual imprinting and the Westermarck effect in mate
- pre-modern China and Taiwan, where there was a tradition of arranged marriage called shim-pua (“little daughter-in- law”).
- COPYRIGHT NOTICE Maureen Sabine/Maxine Hong Kingston's
- lying family history, mythology, and gossip that give ordinary life its shim- .
- Are Sex Differences in Risk Aversion and Competitiveness Partly
- and same thing for girls who are reared by their future husbands in Shim-pua .
- BOOK OF ABSTRACTS
- use of Incheon science museum (Gui Won Lee, Hyun Bo Shim & Kab-soon Chung) derived from multicultural marriage (Rizqy Amelia Zein, Jony Eko. Yulianto, Adinda Nurul .. (Invited speaker: Rogelia Pe-Pua) ....................................
Suggested Web Resources
- Shim Pua Marriage | RM.com ®
- Shim Pua Marriage articles, reference materials. Need more on Shim Pua Marriage? We suggest these original texts: The Story of Shim Pua Marriage roots.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.